Cars & Coffee in the Southwater Front | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cars & Coffee in the Southwater Front

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Darwin, Mar 26, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tonycan

Tonycan Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2002
    Here and there
    Full Name:
    Tony C.
    Mercedes Benz CLK63 Black Series.

2. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    Good choice...how do you like it? One of my more favorite Mercedes built.

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Some of us further north up here had a similar dilemma. Exotics at Redmond Town Center is an 80+ mile drive for me and there are a few others who live a little closer but still a long ways off. One or two folks (mostly one though, Michael!!) decided to try one a little closer to our neighborhood. Out of courtesy, and to be honest common sense, the "alternate" event has been scheduled on Sundays so as not to compete with an already established and growing great event.

Yea it's an early morning and heck of a drive over and back to make it to ERTC but it's all about seeing some great cars, some fun people, and an interesting drive over and back! I sometimes plan something else on that side of the water and just make a full day out of it.

The alternate event is usually a lot smaller and more intimate and only once a month or so but it is great too even if only a few people show up.

It's all about two things for me.....people and cars....... :) Hope you guys work this all out!

John

4. Darwin

Darwin Rookie

May 26, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Darwin Abrahamson
    Cars and Coffee every Saturday at Rilassi Coffee House
    3580 SW River Parkway (South Waterfront) 503-750-2984

Reserved parking on the private road beside Rilassi. Join us this Saturday April 24 from 8:30AM – till …

Enjoy Rich European flavors--and gelato--at this authentic Venetian Coffee House
    This waterfront coffee shop establishes a feeling of grandeur with Renaissance-era dark red walls and murals, chandeliers, pillars, fireplace, a spiral staircase that leads upstairs to an open mezzanine seating area, a cherubic ceiling fresco, and a lion’s head fountain that splits two seating areas downstairs. The staff of expertly trained baristas handcrafts all manner of espresso drinks and serves waterfront condo dwellers a selection of pastries, soups, salads, traditional Panini sandwiches, and jewel-toned gelato that only extends this shops authentic Italian feel.

Directions http://portland.citysearch.com/review/47431520#profileTab-maps

5. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Are things good for this sat?

6. TommyJames

TommyJames Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2008
    Sounds like you guys are having the same problems we faced in Seattle. We started out in a place that just didn't work. When we looked for a new location where we could really grow that had more than just coffee to offer, there were few places. We had people complain it was too far north, south, east, but not west. No matter what we did, someone had an issue so we finally dove in and just started. I agree with Kevin, these events are a huge amount of work and creating two events is almost certain to kill both. What makes them a success is the size of the group.

We already have someone working on a Sunday event and who knows if it will work or not. Time will tell, but if we had Saturday fragmented, we'd have no event at all.

As for the Lamborghini Club, I had no idea there was one in the Northwest and I talk to Andrew all the time. None of us up here are involved in any way.

My strong advice is to keep it as one event. Make sure it has the support from the commercial spaces around it. We have a closed off section of RTC and we have the support of all the surrounding restaurants. It's turning into a very big deal. We will have more than 100 exotics tomorrow. Hope it all works out as I'd love to attend your event one of these Saturdays.

7. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    What a nice place, with great outside seating. The inside is also very nice and the coffee and breakfast sandwich were great. Thanks Darwin for picking such a great local!

Cheers!

8. Darwin

Darwin Rookie

May 26, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Darwin Abrahamson
    Tomorrow is going to be a great day to get your car out and meet at Rilassi Coffee House & Tea 3580 SW River Parkway Portland, OR 97239 Number for Rilassi is 503.467.7532.

We will have secure parking for all sports cars. Look for my yellow Ferrari F430 on the private road between Rilasssi & the Atwater Condos.

Any questions my mobile number is (916) 847-5430.

Darwin

9. FerrariGuy2007

FerrariGuy2007 Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2007
    Beaverton, Or
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Smith
    when's the next C&C and the time???

10. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    Official Cars & Coffee that started two years ago is at Bridgeport Plaza in Lake Oswego/Tualatin from 8am to 10am...most people arrive 8:15-8:30, weather permitting of course...or should I say for those willing to get their cars wet! LOL

11. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    anyone going to Southwaterfront tomorrow am?

12. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    THe regulars will be at the Bridgeport C&C from 8-10 am...you know, where it all started.

13. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    I may be there. Its very nice.

Cheers!

14. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Great to see everyone, a beautiful day at a great place with great company!

Cheers!

15. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    anyone heading down?

16. JJJJJS

JJJJJS Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    Portland, OR.
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'll probably pry myself out of bed for some early morning coffee.

17. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Worked on the house this weekend, prehaps next weekend though!

Cheers!

18. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    I will be there this Saturday

19. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
  20. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    So you guys are going to south water front, rather than Bridgeport?

21. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    I'll be out of town this weekend, but the usual crowd should be at Bridgeport...eventually the weather will cooperate and we'll get a much larger turn out.

22. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Yep. Have you not been there yet??? I would LOVE to see the Boxer! ;)

Cheers!

23. kaoss

kaoss Formula 3

Jul 29, 2006
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    KAOSS
    To clarify...the Bridgeport C&C is still running and Darwin has chosen to have this event on the same day and time as Bridgeport,creating a conflict and confusion for some people.

Some people are attending Darwins event and some are attending the Bridgeport, either way, Bridgeport has NOT been shut down and is still in full swing.

Welcome at either.

24. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    #49 dinogt4guy, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010

I believe people realize that the bridgeport c&c is still happening. I do not see where anyone here is confused. You were not being addresed in the previous posts and I do not know why you feel you need to answer a question that was not directed to you. Why you can not grasp the concept that some people may not particulary care for the bridgeport venue is beyond me. I do not think that the South Waterfront venue has affected the attendance at the bridgeport venue enough to worry yourself about. You still will be able to bask in your own self imposed glory of your creation. Let it go. Your bantering about this is starting to make you look foolish...or worse.

Cheers!

25. 2000 456M

2000 456M F1 World Champ

Sep 29, 2007
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Allan
    This is getting to sound like Lady Gaga v. Grace Jones. I'll try to catch both and put even more miles on the old crate.