Cars & Coffee - Indianapolis | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cars & Coffee - Indianapolis

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by ZUL8TR, Apr 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    #26 SMS, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Me too!

This has to be one of my busiest springs ever.

I did get an hour Sat eve to work on balancing my carbs and start to get it back together from setting up my variable pressure return regulator fuel system... :)
    1 mile test run is all I've done so far!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Bill...the atmospheric pressure just changed, time to go balance the carbs again. LOL! Just one reason to love fuel injection.

3. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Wanted to bump this thread for the weekend. At some point I'm going to take it off "Sticky" so you guys will have to bump it up to give it attention after that. I hope having it at the top has helped get the awareness out!
    I won't be down this weekend or next, but maybe after that....

JIM

4. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Jim...thanks for the bump. I was just coming in to do that very thing.

5. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    I hope you guys have a good turnout today!

Somebody remember to take some pics. :)

JIM

6. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Morning weather was not looking friendly and that lead to a light turnout. Weather improved quickly, so those in doubt missed a pleasant morning.

A couple of us headed out to ORP for the big SCCA Regional on the road course. Lots of race cars of all classes.

Later in the day, I spotted all sorts of cars out and about. We'll hope for better weather next time.

7. thumpnyc

thumpnyc Rookie

May 19, 2007
    Carmel, IN
    The mini yesterday didn't help attendance either, I'm sure.

8. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I know several folks that normally show up were doing the Mini. I suppose with all the Speedway activities, peoiple will be distractedt this month. Too much to do.

This coming Satruday is Pole Day out at the Speedway. I hope to stop by for a few on my way to the track.

9. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    SATURDAY, MAY 9TH!

Weather is looking to be nice with a high of 69 degrees.

I plan on stopping by prior to heading to the Speedway for Pole Day! And before anyone asks....No, I did not finish the engine rebuild, but I did get a lot of yardwork and other things done...and yes, you are of course in justified in giving me additional grief Sat for not having the car ready this weekend as promised.

10. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    We'll be heading down to the track for Pole Day before C & C so we'll have to miss this week. I would have totally enjoyed giving you crap about the Z not being fixed - post pictures of your yard at least to show the fruits of your labor!

11. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Bill...we'll be pretty much at the start/finish, upper level, the entire afternoon. Looks to be a perfect day at the Speedway!!!

Oh, no one wants to look at, or smell, 10-12 yards of freshly spread mulch, so no yard pics. LOL!

I'll PM you my cell. If you get my VM, don't worry, I'll be listening to the scanner. I'll call back after I figure out the cell technology. LOL!

12. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Bump for Saturday, May 16th!

I'm personally going to miss this one due to a conflict. Someone take pics!

13. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    If the weather is dry I'm going to come up for this on the 16th.

14. doltmo

doltmo Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Rick Schue
    I'll be there. I finally have a car!!! Maybe someday I'll get a nice transmission to go with it.

15. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I'm actually going to miss this one. I came down with a bad case of the Bovine Cold instead of the Swine Flu. I had to cancel out on the engine install yesterday due to fever and what not. I must finish it before the May 23rd C&C.

16. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Weather permitting I will be there. If weather is crappy I might still swing by in the Non-Exotic to see who is there.

17. duz185

duz185 Karting

Jul 10, 2007
    Indy
    In Philly right now and flying back tomorrow morning. With an impending move (locally), I probably won't be able to make it for a few weeks.

TAKE PICS!!

18. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    My daughter was one of 15 selected in her school for the "Young Authors" conference tomorrow at 8am. Sorry, won't make it...maybe next week.
    take pics!!!

JIM

19. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    #44 SMS, May 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Left the house in a mild rain, but hopeful that 2 hrs north it would be dry. Well, so much for hopeful...
    A few brave souls anyway. Oh, also, the 308 started running on 4 cylinders Thursday, so Mrs SMS said we'll just take her 4 cyl. :)
    A few cruised thru to look, and a 348 drove by. Later in the day it was beautiful, dry and sunny, just a few hours late.

20. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    The Little Yella Fella is back!

Hate I missed the MG live. I'll catch that one day.

If all goes well Tues, the motor will be back in and I'LL have eh car at the next C&C.

21. duz185

duz185 Karting

Jul 10, 2007
    Indy
    I saw a gray Elise in the airport parking garage for sale last week. Never seen a gray one up close before, and its absolutely stunning.

22. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Saturday, May 23rd - Indy 500 Weekend!

Weather is looking to be perfect this coming weekend. We should work to get a really nice turnout for this one.

I dropped the motor back in my car today. Just a few more things to do tomorrow and I'll turn the key and see what happens. Looking good for being able to DRIVE it to C&C this weekend!!! WoooHooo!

23. Killjoy

Killjoy Karting

Sep 23, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Im going to do my best to make it.

24. thumpnyc

thumpnyc Rookie

May 19, 2007
    Carmel, IN
    I'll be there tomorrow, assuming the weather stays nice.

25. Killjoy

Killjoy Karting

Sep 23, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Eh tried to take it out to a local car meet today and the battery is dead. I don't think I will be able to make it. Horrible luck.