Cars & Coffee - Indianapolis | Page 42 | FerrariChat

Cars & Coffee - Indianapolis

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by ZUL8TR, Apr 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Weather is looking promising for Saturday. According to the Weather Channel, 73 and partly cloudy! I will definitely be at McAlisters for ORIGINAL Indy Cars & Coffee. Please spread the word.

2. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    The Corvette Club is joining back up with the ORIGINAL Indy C&C at McAlisters.

3. konatown

konatown F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2009
    Evansville, IN
    Full Name:
    Kyle Swickard
    Nice! Any pics today? It's a beautiful day down here!

4. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Unfortunately the Corvette people remained over at Paradise. Hopefully they will move back over at some point as the Paradise parking lot seemed quite full.

It was just Mark, Beth, my son and me this morning at McAlisters - had a great and fun conversation. However, while sitting under the awning of McAlisters I was able to observe the gathering across the street. I think a serious tactical error has been made moving C & C over there as there is a serious parking issue. They had a good turnout but so did the other businesses in the strip mall. Cars were parked in the aisles and were mixed in with the shoppers daily drivers. No way would I park my vehicle over there. It looked like a total cluster. McAlisters on the other had WIDE OPEN!

We'll keep doing what we are doing.

5. gaspump

gaspump Karting
    BANNED

Mar 6, 2013
    SE indiana
    Full Name:
    bill
    Hmmm, just 4 at McCalisters, 50 or 100 across the street. Seems like Paradise won this battle. I was not there.

6. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Comments are out there now that they need to relocate again due to lack of parking at the new location. Funny thing is that they have last parking than the McAlisters location, which was the whole "reason" for moving.

7. gaspump

gaspump Karting
    BANNED

Mar 6, 2013
    SE indiana
    Full Name:
    bill
    I'm familiar with both locations and am wondering why a larger lot can't be found. There are tons of empty office complexes around, but I guess without food or drink. Is that the reason? Keystone at the crossing? Glendale ?

8. rusty2010

rusty2010 Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2009
    avon in.
    Full Name:
    rusty
    My opinion.
    My first visit to Cars and Coffee was 4 years ago. I enjoyed seeing other cars and bringing mine. People where friendly and the cars where fantastic. I like McAlister's Deli it is a fine establishment. The food and coffee are excellent and well priced. The location is also nice and the canopy is great in the summer time. I've to the other side twice and found the ppl there
    friendly and polite. The food was fine and all that but I felt disconnected from the crowd whilst eating. My preference is McAlister's Deli simply because convenience and comfort.
    I have no idea why the cars migrated over there and where the cars go so do the spectators. A thought came to mind! On the other side the access is equal but the road view looks more open and to some more inviting. I don't know what it takes to bring ppl back, I'm not in the Public Relations or Advertising business but maybe that's who you need. I don't believe that Social Media took ppl away nor do I think it will bring them back. You may think of this as lame but loud noise, lights, signage and freebies always attract ppl. Your young be creative and energetic. If you want this to happen then fight for it. I only know two people in Indy or any where else that ever heard of Fchat. I don't think I'd put to much home on recruiting in this format. I wish you all the best and say Hi! to me hen I do come. I'll be driving a 348 Spider (red of course).

9. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    I'm assuming that some of you will be out in the AM? I'm in town and will probably run over in the AM. No car to show except my GL550, which really doesn't count. Hope to see some of you there!

JIM

10. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    #1035 jimshadow, May 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well for some reason I was thinking that people got there around 8 or 8:30.....
    I got there at 8 and hung around until 8:40. Read some previous posts and it looks like the time is 10-12? Is that correct? (You would think that I would know this type of thing.....:) )

I'm in Zionsville for a dance thing for my girls this weekend and thought I'd try to catch up with the old timers.....I'll wander down here another weekend with a cool car.
    Hope you guys have a good turnout today!

JIM
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Sorry Jim. With the Indy GP we were at IMS pretty early yesterday. Now with 500 activity at the track cranking up, I doubt I will be back at McAlisters/Paradise until after the race weekend.

Hope to see you when I return.

Bill

12. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Jim...It's the month of May for us race fans and that means TRACK TIME! Sorry to have missed you.

13. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    With the month of May over in Indy, its time to get back to Original Cars & Coffee this Saturday. Weather is looking excellent. Anyone going to join me at McAlisters?

14. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    I'll see you there.

15. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Have fun guys! I just got back from running my Brother to the Indy airport. 3am was awfully early this morning! Going to be a GORGEOUS day. Wish I could've hung around for C&C, but I have prior commitments in Fort Wayne.
    Be sure to post some pics!

JIM

16. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I went to bed around 10 PM last night and woke up at 1 PM today. I think I must have been tired.

17. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Quality vs. Quantity on the West side of Meridian. Had a really nice visit with SMS and his wife this morning. Really enjoyed it!

18. IndyFan

IndyFan Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    If Ferrari Chat had a like button or a favorite button, I'd be clicking it. Sorry we didn't make it this morning. This was the first weekend Z has had a chance to sleep in. Could't bring myself to wake him.

We need to plan a drive thru the twisties of BC.

19. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    We're attending the Indianapolis Vintage Car Racing Invitational at IMS tomorrow so I will not make it to Original Cars & Coffee. Weather is looking fantastic!

Cheers

20. IndyFan

IndyFan Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    We'll be there as well. If you feel like taking a break and want to meet for a beer, send us a text.

21. John814

John814 Karting

Apr 19, 2006
    Indianapolis, USA
    Full Name:
    John Phelan
    What time does the C&C on the W. Side of Meridian run? I went to it years ago and then stopped over and the selection was very thin. Across the road were a ton more cars. I don't understand the split. I just want to go to a C&C that starts earlier to avoid the heat (and ******bags), have some coffee, look at some supercars, and maybe talk to some owners. That's all.

22. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Happy Independence Weekend to all. Weather looks great to take out those cars for a spirited drive. Make sure it's spirited, if they break I'm here for y'all LOL.

23. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Wow, this thread has been idle for quite some time.

The past few months have been extremely busy for me with virtually no Saturdays available. I thought I would reach out to some of the "original" C&C people to see if anyone wanted to meet up this Saturday from 10 to noon just for old times sake. This is one of few Saturday mornings I have free, unfortunately. It would really be great to get reconnected with everyone again. Bill

24. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I am too looking at ways to get the group going again. Maybe just for one Saturday a month, a host could provide drinks and snacks for a cople of hours? I certainly would be a player to provide coffe/tea/drinks as well as biscotti and Long's donuts (the best) at my place, people could leave for home or a drive from there. Any opinions?

25. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Hunting tomorrow am but I too would like to get the band back together. Just can't be tomorrow.
    A drive would be nice as well!