Cartagena Columbia ?? | FerrariChat

Cartagena Columbia ??

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by F456 V12, Nov 3, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Hi,

Giving strong considerations to a week in Cartagena for some R&R, good food and perhaps offshore fishing. Targeting first or second week in December.

Anyone been? Do's and Don'ts, Safety concerns, restaurants, sights ??

Thanks,

MB

2. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I've been there and it's a very wonderful and unique city. Stay either in the old town or Bocagrande. Bocagrande is an upscale neighborhood by the beach which is great for going to the beach but IMO you should stay in the old city.

You will be safe in both locations as long as you use common sense but the old town is littered with tourists. Just walk around the old city and get one of those maps from your hotel. I guess only thing outside these 2 areas is the old fort, take a cab there. There are some islands 30 to 60 minutes away but I didn't go there.

One of my favorite cities, the architecture is beautiful and there aren't many places like it. Have fun!

3. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Thanks, just booked the Hilton, hope this turns out to be a good week in SA,

MB

4. Pearlcoupeg35

Pearlcoupeg35 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2007
    Chester County, PA
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Enjoy your trip. I will be in Bogota the second week of Dec and am looking forward to it very much!

5. race4s

race4s Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    Hudson Valley
    Saw your post and was wondering your thoughts about your trip to Colombia.