Casey Putsch to appear at the KIC, Road America July 18-20 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Casey Putsch to appear at the KIC, Road America July 18-20

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ProCoach, Jul 7, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Wow, with results like these, Ferrari and Mclaren should be knocking down his door...

2. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    given some of the recent analysis of Massa on this board, sounds like Casey would be an upgrade :)

3. shahedc

shahedc Formula 3

Jun 4, 2007
    Washington DC
    how does every racing thread always become an "I hate Massa" thread?

4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    they don't, there's plenty of "I hate Danica" and "I hate Kyle Busch" threads too...

5. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Wow only fifteen seconds slower than the leader of his class, anyone know where I can pick up some Casey Putsch racing gear? :)

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Reads like Casey needs to stop putting cars on a track that have only just been strapped together.

I used to do that in my club days and all you do is waste money and results. Better to miss a race meeting and sort the car out properly with some testing, etc. Then come back and get some real results. Putting untested cars on the track means you WILL be slow and look like a fool, or it will break down ... burning $'s.

Slow down on the rushed preparation mate and do some testing :).
    Pete

7. chaparralman

chaparralman Karting

Jan 30, 2008
    Hello All,

Yes, the car showed well especialy for not having been tested. Having the oldest chassis in the field, lowest horsepower (450) and treaded tires rather than slicks, that car did well in the Can-Am field. The qualifiing times got down to a 2.31 while still shaking it out, however the brakes went away for the features leaving the car "difficult". In qualifying the car was with the Lola T70 mk3bs that are slick tired, monocoque chassis, 700+ hp affairs. So that says a lot for a car that is really a so so group 5 car.
    The car was 3rd in its class out of more than 3 cars. The others either spun out, broke, or couldn't even start the feature.
    Also, I bought and restored the car completely on my own in a barn. It was finished the day we arrived at the track and it made it through the whole weekend safely. Everyone enjoyed the car and while the leaders did lap my car on the last lap. Keep in mind that they are pumping 900-1100 hp and have fully sorted cars with slick tires and better aero.

Lastly, my red letters on the front of the car that read "Illigetimi non carborundum" has obvious inspiration.

Casey Putsch
    www.putschracing.com

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Good for you Casey! Way to go!

9. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Got any pictures of the barn build up? Curious to know the before and after pictures or what you had to do in order for it to be race ready.

10. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Which F1 team owners were on site scouting you?

11. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    LOL!

CW

12. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    I'm beginning to believe you get some perverse pleasure out of all this, Casey! :D

13. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1 - At least we're talking about him..... "Only thing worse than being talked about is NOT being talked about"......

And, we've got to be honest, that's a really pretty car - As someone said, I'd enjoy seeing pix of the "restoration".

cheers,
    Ian

14. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    BUT! BUT!.. WHAT ABOUT EURO F3!!??

15. nsxnick

nsxnick Formula 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Nick
    It is a shame. If this guy came here humble and honest, he could've been a great asset to this community. Take away his F1/F3 BS and you have what appears to be a genuine gear head. First impessions are everything.

16. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Agreed, It is a beautiful car.

17. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Don't forget fashion model and determined metrosexual.

18. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    You sure that last term was metro?

19. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Lift the ban. Free Bright Size Light!

20. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Apparently, that's me--or so I've been accused.

21. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Falsely accused by management, I thought.

22. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

That is true--all because I often travel to your state to play with race cars and connected to F-chat from one of the popular ISPs there.

Speaking of racing, Casey still hasn't attended any of our events and I know he's local to M-O.

23. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

LOLZ...

I just received Casey's official, off-line request to "stop the harassment", although I'm not quite sure what that means.

(I thought only hairdressers drove BMW Z3s.)

24. PhaseDance

PhaseDance Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 24, 2008
    ohio and manhatan
    hello is this internet working?

i am hear to bring you the latest CASEY PUTSCH news. he has mastered the languaage we know as "lattin" which is what is spoken in Lattin america which was the home of senna who was previously before CASEY the first driver from america to win the GP2 CHAMPIONSHIPS. on the nose of his racercar you can read

illegitmate carbonite dum

which translated means "I HAS BEEN GROOMED FOR THE F1". this secret language is mostly known to ferarri so you can consider it a kind of code to micheal schumacher who has been watching him. consider the following:

michael schumacher initials are "MS"
    aryton senna initials are "AS"
    casey initials?

thats right.

"CP"

this is NOT A CONIDENCE.

and now i will educate you about "LAPPED". some people say "la la la CASEY PUTSCH was lapped by old men therefore he is NOT READY FOR A TOP TEAR F1 TEAM!" not true. consider that:

sebastian borudais the "SEA BASS WORLD CHAMIPON" was lapped at the hockingtime grand prix. HELLO HE WON THE IRL NINE TIMES! why was he lapped it is simple

BREAK PROBLEMS

why was casey lapped?

BREAK PROBLEMS!!!!!!! NOT A COINDENCE!!!!!

this and many other reason is why CASEY has been groomed to be the head of the

TIFFIN CONCOURS d'Elegeance

where he will sign autographs for children.

i will return with more inoformation as i read it in "AUTOSPORT".

25. chaparralman

chaparralman Karting

Jan 30, 2008
    #75 chaparralman, Jul 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It was junk in February and it was racing in Can-Am in July. The restoration cost me about the price of a nice 944 Turbo. I spent a lot of cold nights alone in that barn to put that car together. The end result was certainly worth it.

For a car I built with basic tools, a power drill, a sawzall, and a mig welder it certainly did well. It made it through a trying first weekend with gusto, and my girlfriend and I drove it in track touring and to the downtown concours without any issue. I felt very comfortable out on the track and was getting the car sorted out. I look forward to when I get to drive a sub 2 minute car at Rd. America as I enjoyed that track.

Casey Putsch
    www.putschracing.com
    Image Unavailable, Please Login