cash vs lease vs finance | FerrariChat

cash vs lease vs finance

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by UroTrash, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I think it would be interesting to know how many folks lease vs finance vs pay cash for their Ferrari. Also, and more importantly, why do you choose the method you use?

2. fun2rome

fun2rome Rookie

Jan 25, 2004
    It is my preference to pay cash. In my opinion it is the least expensive method of ownership (especially if done with a home line of credit at 1.99% interest payment only) unless your business in making the lease payment or your would be cash disbursement is yielding enough return to make the pmt.

3. Ms. Enzo

Ms. Enzo Rookie

Feb 19, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Karen
    A lot of people pay cash, some finance and even more lease.
    There are many advantages to leasing your Ferrari (or other exotic/highline vehicle)

* TAX ADVANTAGE - a lease is tax deductable, a finance is not

* Lower monthly payments than financing

* Depending on your state, sales tax is paid only on your monthly payment as opposed to paying sales tax on the full price of the car.

* Ideal for people who frequently change cars, you have more flexibility to get in and out of vehicles in a lease

* Free up your cash for investments, business or real estate

The majority of people who lease could easily write a check for the car but make the wise choice of leasing! (AND you can even lease an ENZO!!)

4. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
  5. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris

Could you explain a bit how that works?
    When do you pay the principle back?

6. Ms. Enzo

Ms. Enzo Rookie

Feb 19, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Karen

Where did you find 1.99%???

7. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    My sincere apologies to t88power, and any others who have had their sensibilities offended by the redundancy of this thread I started. mdstrib