Cat delete pipes | FerrariChat

Cat delete pipes

Discussion in '612/599' started by afwrench, Oct 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Anyone done the Fabspeed cat delete pipe change themselves? Easy ,tough , just fiddly or nor worth the effort and time to DIY.Thanks ,Mike

Fabspeed Motorsport likes this.
  2. JohnBradleyDaniels

Oct 16, 2011
    Spartanburg SC
    I am in the the process of having some options drawn for first the downstream Cats Deleted and then custom headers here in the GSP/Charlotte Metro areas. Lots of NASCAR and Custom Muscle Drag Cars as well as Fab Shops and Race Shops. I've been under the car and the secondary cats are fairly easy to access.

3. nota400

nota400 Karting

Nov 21, 2015

4. nota400

nota400 Karting

Nov 21, 2015
    My detailer installed my Tubi Test Pipes. Straightforward installation. No CEL lights on dash. Kept the factory, valved mufflers, for now. Feels more responsive, opened up the sound of the engine, especially under acceleration. Worthwhile investment.

5. JohnBradleyDaniels

Oct 16, 2011
    Spartanburg SC
    Definitely! It helped the sound as well as a slight power increase. The Tubi was a bit lighter then stock. I have the valve delete mufflers also with the catback and my CEL only comes on on first start and cuts off after 30 seconds. We don't have emissions or inspection SC so tuning all out is no issue

6. nota400

nota400 Karting

Nov 21, 2015
    I have a set of Tubi Titanium, non-valved mufflers, that I haven't installed, due to possible NYS emission/inspection issues. My mechanic was also concerned about the lack of "back pressure" of a "non restrictive" exhaust system, combination of test pipes and "open" mufflers, on the 599's ECU's.

7. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    I can definitely put you in touch with owners that have installed them, but they're very-much DIY if you have the right tools and are no stranger to doing bolt-ons. Sounds incredible, and retains factory valves so you have a better delta between "modes".

8. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi Travis ,thanks for the info. Do the rear silencers stay in place during the delete pipe install. Thanks ,Mike

9. DZ-96

DZ-96 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2010
    South Germany
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Yes

Daniel

10. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    If silencers = mufflers, then yes they remain in place. Bypass pipes go in front of the mufflers so you can retain factory valved mufflers.

11. ferrarista550

ferrarista550 Karting

Jan 6, 2011
    Torrance, Calif.
    Full Name:
    Mike Dwyer
    It is not difficult to install the Fabspeed resonater bypass pipes . . and then you may want to put in crossover pipes to restore the true V12 sound Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    My mechanic just quoted me $2300 for a reflash of the CEL with the fabspeed secondary cat install. Why is the reflash so expensive?

13. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Are you talking about clearing a Check Engine Light or the ECU.The Cat bypass should not generate a CEL.It did not on mine and others have not had that problem.A reflash of the ECU might refer to a change in the parameters of the engine performance envelope similar to putting in performance chip.New chips can be expensive.Clearing a CEL generally takes no real time and should cost very little.As per previous posts ,I am an old points and carb guy so any and all feel free to correct me if I am talking through my hat. Mike

14. Gershwin

Gershwin F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2005
    Kentucky
    Yes, the way he explained it in an email briefly was an update to the software would be necessary because the software would recognize the cat delete and give a CEL. So I’m like hmmm, others like you have stated no CEL although I think one person did note a 30 second CEL on start up that would then clear. The car has been shipped to my mechanic so it’s not local.

15. afwrench

afwrench Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2004
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hi Steve, the cats are downstream of the O2 sensors so the change appears to be a non issue as far as the CEL is concerned.I have heard of no one having an issue and my car,which also has high flow air filters, does not throw a CEL. I think it is normal for the light to stay on for 18 seconds on any startup but you should talk to Fabspeed .Hope that others chime in but I think that you are being misinformed if we are talking just about the Cat Delete upgrade and nothing up stream of the O2 sensors. Mike

16. odf911

odf911 Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2013
    London UK (Chelsea)
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I have tubi decat on my 599 and have had no issue so far including with the MOT (UK Ministry of Transport) ...

17. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    #17 Joe@Fabspeed, Dec 20, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Happy Holidays to everyone

its Joe Fabiani president of Fabspeed Motorsport USA

I will personally guarantee and assure all F599 owners that you can not get a Check Engine Light CEL light with Fabspeed F599 2ndary catbypass pipes on any Ferrari 599 cars worldwide.
    100% guaranteed no CEL fault.
    WHY- the reason is that Ferrari puts the main F599 catalytic converters with the primary and 2ndary oxygen sensors on the F599 headers. That is all the engine requires for monitoring emissions.

After the 2ndary oxygen sensor there is a redundant 2ndary catalytic converter that is quickly removable and replaced with a Fabspeed CNC machine and tig welded set of 599 2ndary catbypass pipes/ straight pipes that connect to any and all OEM Ferrari 599 or aftermarket exhaust systems.

The big ENZO V12 engine immediately picks up +33HP and more dynamic sports car sound and you eliminate alot of heat built up under the chassis floor and restriction.

Simple logical bolt-on that is fool proof. Cruise over to Fabspeed with your 599 if you are in the New York, New Jersey, Maryland Delaware area and we will Dyno you Before & after.

We have CNC mandrel bent and CNC HAAS machined another batch of 25 sets of these F599 2ndary catbypass pipes. If you would like a set for your Bella Macchina Fabspeed can deliver for the Holidays!
    warm regards
    from Joe, Travis, Phil, Alec and Jason from Fabspeed Motorsport USA

Image Unavailable, Please Login

xtLSport likes this.
  18. nota400

nota400 Karting

Nov 21, 2015