Catalytic converter and oxygen sensor is not ready | FerrariChat

Catalytic converter and oxygen sensor is not ready

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by dersark_painclinic, Apr 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dersark_painclinic

dersark_painclinic Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lazik Der Sarkissian
    It time for me to get smog check. I had the battery switch off for few days, after turning on I let it idle with all gadgets off for 20 miniuts then started driving around for forty miles or so, then took it for smog check, the preliminary check with their OBD which connect the car to main smog computer befor running the Dyno reads catalytic converter and oxygen sensor is not ready. The guy said no reason to do Dyno it will fail, any comments appreciate. Meanwhile I tried to find the section for how to reset the computer by driving but unfortunately could not find. Taz posted couple times but I missed it.

2. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Sark, I had that happen several years ago and as I recall I had to drive over 50 miles including street and highway. The smog guy sent me back out twice because I hadn't driven enough.

Smog test require more driving than the Factory reset instructions

3. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

Sark, I think you're almost there. IIRC, you need 50-55 miles on it. Oops, Dave posted the same info.

4. dersark_painclinic

Mar 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lazik Der Sarkissian
    Thank you my friends, I will drive more.

5. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Also buy a cheap OBD2 reader. Some work with your phone over wifi. You can check to see if all the monitors are ready to go for the smog test. Also it will pull most codes and sometimes proprietary codes that you will still need to look up. You can also look at fuel trims and O2 voltage readings. You can do quite a bit of diagnosis with a simple reader and some basic car knowledge.

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    California must be a pain. Here no CEL, OK.

7. dersark_painclinic

Mar 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Lazik Der Sarkissian
    Drove around for few more miles and she was ready.
    Thanks.