Cavallino Classic 04 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cavallino Classic 04

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Wouter Melissen, Nov 12, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alicia

Alicia Guest

Dec 15, 2003
    Just to confirm prices:

Moroso Entry = $30 each day (Thursday & Friday)
    Concorso Entry = $40
    Mar-a-lago = $150

There are also a lot of other events going on, so if you have the last two issues of Cavallino (#137 and #138), the brochure/registration form is in both issues. Otherwise, call our office and we'll be glad to send the brochure to you: 561-994-1345.

Glad to help. Alicia

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Hi, Alicia!

World's Fastest Art Car here.

Geez, guys you need to subscribe to the mag, and the YOU'd know everything!

I hope she didn't notice ya'll say "stuffy". Her feelings might be hurt.
    Let's just say she's CLOSELY affiliated with the event. LOL

I'd love to make this event some day.

See ya'll, I'm back to Texas!

3. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    You mean Stuffy like in what?
    Like in a magazine that does only historic cars? Stuffy like in it caters to the Billionair collector looker? Stuffy like tie and suit on a concourse?

Don't quite know what you mean there Speedy.

4. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    If thats the case, I'm wearing my "Dr. Evil" suit to the Breakers this
    year!

Muhahaha, muhahaha, muhahaha.

(Oh well).

BHW

5. Alicia

Alicia Guest

Dec 15, 2003
    Suit and tie on the Concorso field??? Only if you're a judge! You guys don't know what you're missing...150 Ferraris and a LOT of locals dressed and un-dressed to match the setting -- like the time the word "G-U-C-C-I" was the only thing she wore on top! Stuffy? Hell no!

Alicia

6. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.

Please elaborate a little more. GUCCI the only thing she wore on top? When was that?

BTW Alice,
    I am there every year. Just for Concourse and one day track though. Did Mar A Largo last year.

7. Alicia

Alicia Guest

Dec 15, 2003
    PS As for Cavallino magazine -- it's a work of art, just like the cars, old or new! With lots of info for everyone... I'm not selling it -- just think that if you love Ferraris, you'd want to have the magazine too! (My feelings won't be hurt! -- Cavallino mag is 25+ years old! We've been in the business too long!)

8. Debbie

Debbie Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Debbie
    Way to keep the guys in line Alicia - welcome to the board! We got our confirmation the other day, see you in January. :)

9. Alicia

Alicia Guest

Dec 15, 2003
    Thanks, Debbie! Great to hear from you too.

G-U-C-C-I was about 3 years ago. She was mostly on the front part of the lawn, near the building.

10. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Isn't it fun when Martin gets beat up by a woman!

You will never learn Laurel will you?

Alicia don't worry about Martin his grasp of the english language is not so great + he drives a Hummer 2 (that explains much as well).

11. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Paul, what the F#ck is that supposed to mean.

I never wanted to hurt her feelings. I was merely suggesting what others have said as well. The boxed lunch on Sat is bad.
    I feel there are a lot of stuffy people running around on the Concourse. Yet, if you pay attention, I promote to everybody going there sicne it is the best Concourse we have anywhere near (within 800 Miles at least)

Alicia,
    I rant about the black tie dinners at FCA or FOC (what is that?) events just as much.

12. Sloan83qv

Sloan83qv F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 8, 2001
    with BIG Dave M.
    Full Name:
    Little Dave M.
    Martin,

have we completely lost our sense of humor?

13. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.

PMS
    that time of the month...:)

14. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    I haven't missed a single Cavallino yet, and they've all been fun. The paddock is way too crowded at Moroso (you can barely park your car when you leave the track after your sessions), but the quality of the cars is superb. Yes, Palm Beach can be stuffy, but it and The Breakers are beautiful, and Alicia and John put on a great show! If you haven;'t been before, I promise you won't be disappointed.

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    ALICIA.... not Alice.

I didn't say "Stuffy", Paulie_b did!

I don't know what he means. I only use to word associated with a head cold. A medical description.

A great event! Look forward to the photos!

Off to the mall, I forgot my sister's gift! No wonder I had money left!

16. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Hey Ira,
    with that new Challenge car you do not ASK for space anymore...you DEMAND it! :)

17. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.

18. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Hey Martin- as you may have noticed at Moroso, I've got to get the Challenge car running properly before I get too pushy!! I think the fuel delivery issues that kept it from winding past 5,000 rpm have been resolved, but I'll know better after I take it back to Moroso next month- it's a bit embarrassing to have to thrust your arm out of the window on the straights in order to avoid having cars drive up your butt!

19. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Ira,
    make sure the air intake is clear and the filter is new. Take it out to see if anything is stuck in there.
    Have the CATS checked. If it still has them, have them replaced with test pipes. I have some in stock from Eric here on the chat for a 348. They do wonders in rev speed. Will add probably 15HP to your car (my feel not dyno)

That car has been sitting a while and may need to get the gas tank flushed. Fuel filter replaced and new sparks (unless they were done at the service with Tim)

Then, intimidation has nothing to do with speed but with looks. Just rev that engine coming in and out of the paddock. People will stay clear :)

Hope I will have my new Challenge car then. For 2 weeks I am trying to get the thing over to FoQ for a compression/leak down and they have snow like crazy. Delivered my silver Challenge to its new owner on Sat and can feel already the NEED for a new one. Damn I am adicted :)

<standing up in the circle of chairs> "My name is Martin and I have a Ferrari Problem" crowd: "Hi Martin"

20. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Martin- Cats? Surely you jest! Hollow cats and straight, Challenge exhaust explain why that car is so loud! Seriously though, I think the problem is fixed, but will have to wait for Moroso to shake it down thoroughly- that car is a little conspicuous (and noisy) to be able to wind it out on the quiet streets of Palm Beach without getting in trouble, so I just drove it briefly when I was down last weekend to retrieve it from Tim! Looking forward to seeing your new Challenge car now that you've sold the silver/green one- will you be driving that one to and from the track too?

21. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    Just confirmed our space for the event! We will be there selling Valence Carbon parts and Hill Engineering stuff, too (F-Chat sponsors). Heck, we're even going to wear our F-Chat T-shirts one of the days!

If anyone on the board wants to make a dream come true for two hardworking brothers who are dyed-in-the-wool Ferrari fanatics and offer a ride in their car at the track, we wouldn't say no.

Also, we'd love to participate in/help out with a social event - meal, cocktails, whatever. Anyone who's interested can post here or contact us through our website, www.dexmllc.com , or by phone at 810.625.3677. Can't wait to see everyone and all the great cars.

Best regards,
    Brent

22. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I finally bought a trailer. After my last Moroso excursion and the flat tire and riding on the towtruck 1 1/2 hours back listening to a redneck and his girlfriend I am cured. The spare set of wheels could have saved the day :(

Ira, you will be surprised but there are some Challenge cars out there with CATs on them.

Have fun testing :)

23. Alicia

Alicia Guest

Dec 15, 2003
    Hi Everyone. Just a reminder... if you are planning to bring a car to the Classic for the track or tour or Concorso, you need to have your registration to us no later than this Friday, January 2. All other registration is due by January 14. Call us at Cavallino if you need more info... 561-994-1345. Alicia

24. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Alicia,

Have the dates for next year's event been set yet?
    I have no car [grumble] to go this year, but I think
    a trip to FL may be appropriate next year. Gotta
    get these things on the calendar early though! ;)

Thanks!

25. Alicia

Alicia Guest

Dec 15, 2003
    Brian, the dates for 2005 are January 18-23.

The dates for 2004 are January 20-25.

Whenever you can make, we'll be glad to have you!

Alicia