News

Cavallino footage-Tonight Speed channel

Discussion in 'Florida' started by benedict, Mar 18, 2004.

1. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Tonight (Thursday) at 7:30 pm (and again at 11:30) on the Speed Channel (Comcast channel 98 here in NJ) Some footage from Cavallino and an interview with collector Benny Caiola.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Thanks for the heads up, Ben!

4. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Cool, say Hi to Bennie for me :)

5. davel

davel Guest

YOOOOOOOOOOO some F1 coverage tonite as well. Midnite Central 1am for your East Coast types. Set up that VCR :) CIAO!

6. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    crap, I did not see this till today. Was at some development party last night.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Thoroughly enjoyed watching that (albeit very short) interview segment with Mr. Caiola -- that gentleman is a HOOT!! Would love to meet him in person! He's obviously really loving life.

He's my new hero too :D Especially enjoyed some of his comments regarding his Ferraris, the event, and the track....for example:

"I actually own 9 360's...because I wanted one in every color..."

"I've been tracking my cars now for 4 days here...the only times I came in to the pit were because I ran out of gas..."

"I raced all these guys here this week...and I beat them all!"

He even left Mr. Barry M. a little speechless...gotta love it.

I was rolling on the floor during the interview. It's very refreshing to see a man his age who is so successful and living life to the fullest!

9. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Martin, this segment "Crazy Cars" will apparently be run several times over the weekend. As a family member (Benny's nephew) his cracks about my grandfather were hysterical (and very true). As a staunch hard-headed immigrant, my grandfather (RIP) wouldn't even buy any of his kids a bicycle. Benny claims he built his own, out of wood. Family legend has it that one of my other uncles, at the age of eight, went up on a mountaintop and sold his soul to the devil in order to get a bicycle! Very colorful relatives I have!

10. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    I have known Mr. C for a long time and always enjoy seeing him. He is one of the true bright spots in the hobby. When does this air again?