Cavallino restaurant renovation almost completed | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cavallino restaurant renovation almost completed

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Albert-LP, May 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Isn’t Bottura the unique three stars Michelin in Italy ?

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    jpalmito likes this.
  3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Ouf!
    I don’t know why I had this figure in mind but it did seem rather strange indeed..

4. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Yes - Osteria Franchescana in Modena. Very good! the 3 ages of Parmesan is truly amazing ... its hard to believe its cheese. I think Italians are now embracing his style of cuisine but it was not - still not that popular in Italy or Modena... most all the folks when we were there were American or Brits or German.... but totally worth the effort. He as a personality is great. very friendly, very open not what you typically get in a 3 Star Michelin place.... I think the food at Cavalino will be spectacular - way better than before, but those who are not Foodies and go back to Cavalino will be shocked by the food and then the price... it use to be just mildly expensive.... I would anticipate it being a whole tier higher price wise.

jpalmito and of2worlds like this.
  5. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    yes, we've been to two - Franchescana and Pichinori ... both excellent. I liked Franchescana better - mostly I think because it was in Modena.

jpalmito and of2worlds like this.
  6. slewman

slewman Karting

May 4, 2004
    Any news if the restaurant is open ? On the web it was mentioned the target day was 5/26 .
    Please post more pictures in and around the restaurant . What is the official name of the place ?
    I miss Maranello and Italy, hopefully travel will be totally open next year.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
  8. Baracus250GT

Baracus250GT Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Maybe he was sacked for stealing one of their yellow menus!!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

wiley355 likes this.
  9. Baracus250GT

Baracus250GT Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Also you can see the guy in the second picture looking at that Jeep and thinking “hmm yes, we should make an SUV…” :D

BJK, wiley355 and of2worlds like this.
  10. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Official opening of the new Ristorante Cavallino in Maranello delayed, new date is now 13 July 2021.

Marcel Massini

F140C, of2worlds and jpalmito like this.
  11. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Any particular reason for that?

12. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Hitting the design blogs now.......totally 'sanitized' design, could be anywhere in the world. Sad, as, food quality aside, the old place at least had some connection to the Enzo era. Will be there in the fall, will not 'cash in any favors' to dine there......
    https://www.designboom.com/architecture/india-mahdavi-ferrari-cavallino-restaurant-trattoria-06-11-2021/?utm_source=designboom+daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=india+mahdavi+reinterprets+ferrari%27s+legendary+cavallino+trattoria+in+italy

Lusso123 and Nospinzone like this.
  13. Baracus250GT

Baracus250GT Karting

Sep 14, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    OMG, it looks like an IKEA catalogue now!

Definitely sad :(

Nothing historic or unique or rare from the factory on the walls?!?

What a missed opportunity…

14. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Look at it this way, the interior may be on the low side, but the prices probably won't be. :D

15. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Interior is definitely sanitized, boring, disappointing, shows NO creativity, NO design talent. Could have been designed by an IKEA sales person. Very sad, and as Mark wrote: "...a missed opportunity." Seems typical of Ferrari corporate management thinking or lack of. And that abysmal written description - so called 'article' is just a big load of B.S. written by someone who does not have a clue about much at all. I'm sure the food & service will be fine, but unfortunately the atmosphere & design will always get a big 'F' for failure.

16. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    when i went there, the factory floor workers ate lunch there too. will they return for this?
    doesnt look like a place where mama would make an italian meal.

17. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Nothing wrong with IKEA.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Only been there once in '93.Did a European tour with another 12 cars taking in some circuit laps in France/Germany ending up in Monza.Followed by factory visit, with the 308 parked behind the arch.

Then over the road to Cavallino for lunch. Basic good pasta/ham etc with Lambrusco,no complaints.

What surprised me most,as an F1 fan, was the emotion of being surrounded by the memorabilia with Ferrari logo on just about anything in sight,the whole ambiance of that little restaurant where some of the greatest drivers in history had sat down with Enzo.

No doubt the food will be improved,maybe go back one day...

Brian A likes this.
  19. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
  20. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Lmao I hope those “portions” are off the children’s menu! ;)

Probably $500 for something the size of a Mento! :)

Lusso123 likes this.
  21. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I went there yesterday evening for dinner: it was the opening day for customers, the first one after 20 days of private "testing" started on May 26th.

Overall judgement: superb, no less.

Location: unbeatable, in front of Ferrari historical gate, between the Factory and the brand new Ferrari racing department big building.
    Forniture: minimal simple '70 style, elegant, very nice, suited and matching for a restaurant that was born for Ferrari workers.
    Food: top level, typical Emilian.
    Service: top level.
    Price: more or less 75-85 euro each for a 7 dishes full lunch/dinner (with drinks but without alcoholics). High, but absolutely normal for such a level restaurant

Plus: Location unbeatable for a Ferrari fan, heritage, top quality food and cousine, top service, price high "affordable" also for an enthusiast and not only for a millionarie.
    Minus: a lot of time between dishes, everything is brand new (location, personnel, owner, chef) so I think they still need some month to tune everything at the statospheric level this restaurant is.

In one word: a must.

ciao

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. red passion

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Thank you Alberto for sharing your experience! IMO the new layout/design of the restaurant seems to have the perfect balance between modern and traditional elements. I would have thought they might go for a much more "posh" concept, but that probably wouldn't be Bottura style and ignore the legacy of that place. I am quite surprised about the prices though, really attractive!
    Can you share what the 7 dishes you had consist of? I love the emilian cuisine. :)

Albert-LP likes this.
  23. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I guess the 'workers' now have there own very nice borraccia ,hopefully subsidized

24. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    i have few questions regarding ferrari branded clothings. 2-3 years ago they suddenly pull-out ferrari branded clothing lines and what only remain is their scuderia ferrari branded clothings. now it seems they took time and relaunched the ferrari merchandising as high fashion items. my question is whether those cheap scuderia ferrari clothings will remain in existence along with high-priced ferrari fashion label or they will be totally discontinued? as a sports team they should offer them while fans need to show their support in arena or at home like in the soccer or in other games..

25. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Won't be discontinued, of course: don't worry

ciao