Cayman milestone today | FerrariChat

Cayman milestone today

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Pawilly, Sep 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pawilly

Pawilly Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    My ‘07 Cayman, which I’ve had for 123 years, hit 100K miles just as I was leaving the driveway this morning. It would have been much sooner, if not for retirement and driving about 50% less each year. Now to work on hitting 200K.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Pawilly

Pawilly Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    12 not 123 years!! Darn keyboard..

Texas Forever likes this.
  3. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Funny how some cringe when a Ferrari rolls over 10,000.

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    That is the difference between Ferrari and Porsche owners, right there!

Bullfighter and Texas Forever like this.
  5. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Congratulations!
    curious. any mechanical issues? original ims bearing?

6. Pawilly

Pawilly Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    I am the 2nd owner, the car being originally a Porsche executive car and the first official owner being the dealership from which I purchased her. She has all the performance extras that you could get for a '07 base Cayman, except PSE. Until I purchased her at 14K miles, my guess is she may have been a loaner. But her Carfax was great, she had regular maintenance and she had 8 months original warranty plus CPO. The only major mechanical repair was transmission replacement at 22K miles under original warranty and TPMS under CPO. Other than that, it has been regular maintenance and tire replacements. I follow the schedule and now have a good independent, as well as dealership. I lost one key this winter, which turned into a boondoggle with the dealership not being able to reprogram the new key for several weeks due to "their computer not being able to talk with the factory's." I ended up having to have a new immobilizer to finally get it done. This was over $2K.
    Hopefully I am not putting the whammy on her, because she is running wonderfully and is as much a pleasure to drive as 12 years ago.

BJK likes this.
  7. Pawilly

Pawilly Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Original IMS. Knocks wood.

BJK likes this.