CDN pricing ???? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

CDN pricing ????

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MS250, Feb 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    myronx19 likes this.
  2. rnelson

rnelson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2005
    Because Daytona seems to like throwing birthday parties for their inventory. They price high, and don't like to negotiate. Nobody is going to pay $100K for a yellow F1 360 with high miles.

That silver 430 missing the original wheels has been sitting for 3+ years. And they've raised the price $10K from their original asking price from 2015. Nuts.

3. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Wow

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Meh...this one actually sold “gasp!” I think of it less as a bargain, as more of an example of someone who truly wanted to sell his car, and not just a speculator willing to let it sit for months/years. Add that to the fact that auctions are IMO a little riskier venue for buyers since there’s little access to the cars, test drives, PPI, etc. It’s “as is, where is”.

To me, it’s amazing how many ppl comfortably base values on “asking prices “, yet discount actual sold prices at auction. I see it the opposite. Asking / list prices mean nothing if buyers don’t pay them.

tbakowsky and myronx19 like this.
  5. Jonsav

Jonsav Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2014
    Canada
    I'd say anything over 20 is considered high with this model. 10 and under is low.

Sankar likes this.
  6. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Bump

This is still there? What’s wrong with it? I love the seats.

Anyone know the backstory on this car?

http://www.autotrader.ca/go/5-33468588

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. rnelson

rnelson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2005
    4+ years. They finally found a set of OE wheels, but it's the same car from 2015.

8. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    I went and checked out Daytona when I was in the market to buy my 360 last year. From what I recall they did not have very good details on past history. I sat in that yellow car but for me being short I didn't find those seats comfortable. There was another red 360 that had a carfax report of $13,000 repair to rear bumper from several years back. You could easily see a paint drip about 6 inches across on the drivers rear quarter. You could see the defect from 10 feet away. I thought wow that looks like ****. What type of a body shop would allow such a mess to leave their facility like that? What other hack job was done on the repair that is not immediately visible, and what type of previous owner would a accept a repair like that? The biggest thing that turned me off was that they do not allow test drives. I said to the salesman " your kidding right" he said no. I said look, I'm not a young punk, I'm 55 years old, the vehicle I drive daily is only $20K less than this car I am interested in, I'm paying cash. and you expect me to hand you over close to $100K for a used car without a test drive? The salesman said "well you test drive it after you buy it, there won't be any issues because the car comes with an E test and safety certificate. I was dumbfounded. I said well obviously you must cater to clientele who don't know anything about cars or have deep enough pockets to possibly throw money away or not care about the potential cost of repairs, and if they have that much money to risk then they could probably just go out and buy brand new. I'm not sure how some of these dealerships make profits while tying up money in inventory for a year or two or more. I visited a half dozen used car dealers last year in the GTA before giving up on them and flying to Montreal to buy from Ferrari of Quebec. I did go to Ferrari of Ontario, but they did not have any 360s. After speaking to the salesman at Ferrari of Ontario and telling him I was thinking of flying to Montreal , he said that would probably be a good idea and I would not be disappointed. He was right.

Nuvolari and bernardo66 like this.
  9. trevrs

trevrs Rookie

Jun 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    T R
    Put millions of dollars in to the bank that gets taxed heavily every year ... or put it in to exotic cars that never depreciate through a dealership that you can write off the "carrying costs" each year? Sometimes I wonder.

Mimmo Blue likes this.