Centenario LP770-4 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Centenario LP770-4

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by XTP, Feb 26, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2007
    Milano - Italia
    Full Name:
    Cardinal
    Because they know a bunch of oil rich people will buy it no questions asked, I'm still waiting for a Lambo hypercar..doubt we will see one anytime soon, but instead we will get a billion versions of the Huracan, a few more of the Aventador and maybe a couple of more million dollars Lambos with a body kit and same engine as their standard cars.

2. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    You forgot Urus which is coming around 2017! I also would like to see a Lamborghini hypercar but who knows..maybe in the future we will all have the opportunity to see one. Talking about Huracan, i find pointless the latest Avio edition. In Gallardo platform some versions really made sense, like the Superleggera, Balboni and Super Trofeo. All the others (Singapore edition blah blah ) reminds me the Bugatti Veyron story. If you have enough money..it always will be something new (for marketing reasons) to buy!

I am a Lamborghini fan but some things really has to do with marketing..destroying the meaning of owning cars like them...

3. M900M

M900M Karting

Mar 16, 2016
    WA / SA
    Full Name:
    Mr Guy
    The Huracan will depreciate like a brick, a like the Gallardo. Lamborghini sells less cars then Ferrari but they depreciate like a car selling triple Ferrari. They take no car for their image - releasing 100 versioof one model is no good for older cars values. The Aventador is extremely expensive here in Australia yet it will depreciate from (nicely specced, drive away price of around $1m for a roadster) to likely $250-$350,000 in a few years (although good for me!).

But their brand image isn't as good as it should be.

Although alternatively McLaren depreciate worse id say (those 12C owners got screwed).

4. XTP

XTP Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2005
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Xander
  5. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    #30 Jalpa_Mike, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had the privilege of being invited to the dedication of the Lamborghini ACSL (Advanced Composite Structures Lab) on Monday (June 20th) along with my Countach.

The prototype Centenario was in attendance as well.

Since I'm on my iPad and for some strange reason it allows me to only upload 1 photo, I'll attach the photos in seperate posts.

Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    #31 Jalpa_Mike, Jun 23, 2016
  7. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    #32 Jalpa_Mike, Jun 23, 2016
  8. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    #33 Jalpa_Mike, Jun 23, 2016
  9. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    #34 Jalpa_Mike, Jun 23, 2016
  10. Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike F1 Rookie

Apr 2, 2004
    Sequim
    Full Name:
    Michael Wilson
    #35 Jalpa_Mike, Jun 23, 2016
  11. mt_jt

mt_jt Formula Junior

May 9, 2012
    Australia
    I think it looks worse now under the harsh light of day. It kind of reminds me of those weird "Super Countach"-type monstrosities of the late 80's before the Diablo.
    I get the idea behind these cars but it's also painfully obvious that they really did well with the original Aventador design, and that you can't just add stuff and make stuff bigger to make it more aesthetically arousing.
    Still, it's exclusivity and the exposure it gets (for better or worse - Veneno!) makes up for that for the handful of people that will own one.

12. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    Some glimpses:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqHSQCp4Vhc[/ame]

13. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I get it as kind of a Sesto Elemento-Aventador, but I do have to say that those are the worst-looking wheels on any exotic on the market.

14. Sir_Ferrari

Sir_Ferrari F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2012
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian B.
  15. M900M

M900M Karting

Mar 16, 2016
    WA / SA
    Full Name:
    Mr Guy
    #41 M900M, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    I used to own a few Lamborghini's. Amazing cars. Look fantastic and huge street presence. I just can't get over their limited editions though. I've probably complained before, but it is out of control (almost).

This new roadster is a joke. The performance is the same, on paper, compared to the Aventador. You would at least think that, on paper, they'd try to increase the performance numbers a bit to "show off" or something. But no. Why not a double-clutch? It should fit, unless the tub is really that poorly designed. Hell even a Porsche Boxster of (981) 2012 had a double clutch and that is a tiny car in comparison; the PDK is a beast of a transmission too.

Food for thought: I've driven an Aventador, Aventador SV coupe and the new H - the Aventador (standard) was slower than the H whilst the SV felt so similar I couldn't tell the difference by comparison. If anything, the SV is faster than the H but not by huge proportions. It is down to that stupid single clutch, maybe the extra weight of the car and the fact that the way it handles power isn't up to par (especially when comparing to other brands).

I know someone who did drive the coupe version in a controlled environment (along with some others); he noticed an exhaust difference (much louder compared to the LP700) and some maneuverability improvements (4-wheel steering perhaps?) but overall the opinion was "basically an SV" and "not worth the coin".

Not to mention previous special edition Lambo's (Veneno) are a hard sell on the used market and in private deals. The Veneno also just an upped Aventador with a bodykit.

Not nearly as bad as McLaren (who started road cars in 2012, so far have released over 10-12 different variants since then to date with more to come) but still pretty bad.

Edit: I've been keeping an eye/ear around some enthusiast channels regarding the current SV production numbers. Strong believers side with the fact that they've produced nearly double what they claim for the SV. Wouldn't be surprised as this is common practice nowadays with the 'exclusive' car manufacturers. I'm waiting for Lambo to produce a LaFerrari style car, a true hypercar, not just a supercar in a suit.

On a positive note: I applaud Lamborghini on having naturally aspirated engines. The V10 is absolutely brilliant, one of my favorite engines. The V12 in the LP640 was a great (but old) engine and the new V12 in the Aventador has so much headroom for improvement but sounds incredible and performs consistently.

16. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    The roadster makes it look even worse, the proportions are just way off with the long front and rear overhangs.

17. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    I like the Reventon. It at least had the cool fighter jet theme, and the design was a nice evolutionary bridge between the LP640 and Aventador (much like the 288 Evo)

The Veneno looks like it was designed by a 5 year old.

And now this, looks like somebody built an Aventador kit car in their garage.

For 2 million you can get a true hypercar from Ferrari, Porsche, or McLaren, with the latest technology and record breaking performance. Or you can get one of these ugly pieces of junk. What is Lamborghini thinking?

18. M900M

M900M Karting

Mar 16, 2016
    WA / SA
    Full Name:
    Mr Guy
    I've seen a Veneno in person; looks way better than in pictures. Would I pay the asking price? No way. Would I pay $20k over an Aventador for it? Actually, yes.

Aventador's are depreciating at a faster rate compared to any other Lambo flagship. The SV will fall in value, not hold or increase - they produced way too many. 500 roadsters were claimed I believe - what a load of rubbish. Probably double that at least.

All these special edition cars don't sell on the used market.

In regards to hypercars from Lambo, I read somewhere recently, that the current CEO wont do it for some bull**** reasoning. I think the reasoning was like "we could do it, but the time is not right" (or similar). Just a joke. The time is better then ever, yet they dont do it because they probably cant afford to be upstaged by Porsche or McLaren (forget Ferrari; the LaFerrari is the slowest of the three current crop of production hypercars).

19. Bigwave

Bigwave Rookie

Feb 9, 2012
    I'm guessing they stuck with ISR instead of DCT because of weight. Even Pagani doesn't use DCT all due to saving weight. It adds about 150-200 pds and many enthusiasts actually prefer the single clutch feel with a big v12. Either way, you can bet that the Aventador replacement will have a DCT. I'm old school and just miss the MT.

20. M900M

M900M Karting

Mar 16, 2016
    WA / SA
    Full Name:
    Mr Guy
    True points, agreed completely. I guess it may have been both a cost saving exercise as well as to play along with the idea that many do indeed like a V12 with single clutch. Good points

21. EDoremalen

EDoremalen Rookie

Jul 29, 2012
    Gilze, NL
    Peter K. likes this.
  22. LNtoast

LNtoast Karting

Jul 11, 2013
    McLaren of Scottsdale had a black with red coupe for sale at $3.4 million for quite a long time.

They reduced the price to $2.7 and it quickly disappeared off their website.

I guess even in the multi-million dollar car world, price does matter!

23. wsaraceni

wsaraceni F1 Rookie

Aug 9, 2010
    i think one of the best centenario is the blue was recently at prestige imports miami. the "hawaiibrad" car. funny that it seemed he was in it often on Instagram and i think they reported it had 770 miles. seemed low for a car thats been to northern and southern california and hawaii.

24. LNtoast

LNtoast Karting

Jul 11, 2013
    #50 LNtoast, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2022