458 - Ceramic Coating Brand Recommendations | Page 2 | FerrariChat

458 Ceramic Coating Brand Recommendations

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by giorizzo, Feb 5, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Live2win

Live2win Karting

Sep 27, 2019
    Pasadena MD
    Full Name:
    David perkins
    Love my master blaster

tickerhound likes this.
  2. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    The OP is asking about which coating to use and not whether to use a coating so sounds like his mind is made up. Personally, ceramic is too much artificial shine. You can't see and fully appreciate the paint if all you see is reflection. If you have standard paint then maybe it works but not on special colors where you want to see the rich deep paint. Modern PPF for the front and wax over everything for low use Ferrari. If we were in the hyper-car forum then wax only everywhere. Professional correction a must.

up4speed likes this.
  3. Rdwaggie

Rdwaggie Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2018
    Gtechiq on one and cquartz on another. Both on top of PPF. I would probably go cquartz on the next one. In general the benefits of ceramic are oversold as is its longevity. It will still get swirls in it if you don’t care for it like any other paint / surface and it won’t last 10 years like many detailers promote. I look at it as a way to protect the paint (and PPF) from etching and me not having to put wax on the car every 3 - 6 months. Definitely makes the car easier to wash.

Coating will last 2 - 6 years depending if it is a daily driver and left in the sun / weather or garaged and a weekend toy.

Agree with all comments regarding paint correction but I will stress that the quality of installation of the ceramic makes a massive difference. Detailers can and do screw up ceramic installs. They screwed up one of mine - it left white hazy streaks all over the car that had to be aggressively compounded off.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey

I've never been one to take my car to a shop for detailing, but I did last month. The results were spectacular---the car looks new. Protecting your car has moved from ceramic to graphene.

The detailer performed a four-step process: in simple terms, wash the car, then clay bar it, then perform a paint correction, then apply the graphene.

My Audi has a metallic finish, on which it can be difficult to produce a deep shine. If any of you are fanatical about your car, if you want a deep shine, and you also want a long-lasting finish, consider this route to a fantastic looking result.

Rexcat458 likes this.
  5. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Agree with others. For best and most durable results, get a professional with good reviews, either here on this forum or people you may know that has the same passion for cars. For greatest results, the car should undergo paint correction, PPF and ceramic coating. It will be costly but it will save you time and will last for a good 3-5 years. When you wash it, use Ph neutral approved washing fluids, high quality microfiber cloths and towels, deionized water (if you have hard water) and a hot air blower to dry it. Ask your car care person to guide you in the right direction in which you should care for your car and what products to use. I have CQuartz Finest Reserve on my cars and use Car Pro products to care of it.

jm2 likes this.