Ceramic Interior Detail | FerrariChat

Ceramic Interior Detail

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by DanaCali, Apr 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DanaCali

DanaCali Rookie

Jan 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Dominic Manna
    Can anyone offer any experience having the interior area (leather, plastic, carpet, etc.) detailed and then applied a ceramic coating. I have been told by a local shop that this coating will not only protect the leather from dirt and liquid but also add a UV protection. It is pricey ($500) and no warranty is offered. I have seen ceramic coatings offered for the exterior but not really for the interior. It does sound interesting for the interior, as long as it does not degrade the leather i.e. take away from the natural qualities over time. I am not yet convinced that it is worth ceramic coating the exterior, however the interior is another consideration.

2. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have done it on a couple of cars. The leather was not degraded (although this is only after one year,) the leather remains supple and the sheen remains matte.
    On a Luxor Beige Porsche, the ceramic coating noticebly helped with dye transfer and made the seats easer to clean.
    On a Black Alfa Romeo Stelvio, I applied the coating, but can't actually see any resutls, that doesn't mean the ceramic isn't working, there's just no obvious sigs like on a lighter colored interior.
    I used Carpro

3. DanaCali

DanaCali Rookie

Jan 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Dominic Manna
    Thank you for your input.

4. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    Leather breaths. Every so often you need to re moisturize it by putting oils or moisture back into it. If you put ceramic coating on the surface then I would worry that it would dry out and you would have no way to re moisturize it because the surface is sealed. I dont know if this is true but you might want to check it out. A few years ago I got a lot of products from Leatherique and redid my interior. They were very helpful and knowledgeable. So you might want to give them a call and discuss it with them.

5. DanaCali

DanaCali Rookie

Jan 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Dominic Manna
    Thank you for you input. I appreciate it.