Ceramic Pro coating | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ceramic Pro coating

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Renman57, May 29, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    If someone has CQuartz Finest on the car, can Ceramic Pro be layered on top, or does the CQ need to be removed first?
    Thx

2. Jsf721

Jsf721 Karting

May 15, 2015
    I would recommend you removing anything before applying another coating product so you can get the bond that the way that manufacturer designed the product . Usually it is recommended to adhere to clean freshly prepped paint. Prep work varies by product.

3. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    I had my Bentley CGT done with 2 rounds of correction and 2 base coats and a final coat for $1500.

My 458 got 1 round of correction and same 2 base and 1 final for $1200.

4. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    Yes, I had CZ Finest removed with a solvent I believe and round of correction then applied the Proceramic. I found the gloss with the Proceramic to be much better than when I had CZ. Mind you, the cars have been kept inside and not driven in the winter but IMO the Proceramic is of a higher quality. I know everyone has an opinion but this is my experience.

5. WJS

WJS Rookie

Jan 4, 2016
    The range should be about $750 to $2,000. Concourse type treatment maybe up to $3,000. Loosely converted from my local currency into USD. Getting my 458 done on a specific tailored package in the next 2 weeks - 12 layers 9h and 4 light with some other bespoke options.

6. DeuceRooster

DeuceRooster Karting

Jun 11, 2005
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Dustin

That application process will take some time to complete but the results I'm sure will be nothing less than breathtaking!

7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I just had my RR which is a dd done: half in ceramic and half in my preferred cocktail of zymol clay, hd clense, 3m imperial hand glaze, and then zymol titanium. As of right now you can not tell which the ceramic side is and which side has the zymol. I asked them not to tell me so I actually don't know. The car is a dd so it will go through car washed and hand washed depending on where the days take me. every 90 days we are going to have maintenance detailing done with the respective products and we will see how the car looks at 1, 2, and 3 yrs.

8. SizzleChest

SizzleChest Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2014
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    ^^^^This will be interesting. A great experiment!

9. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Agreed! Please keep us updated to the results.

10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    24 hours since I picked it up - no changes to report
    :)

11. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    This will be an excellent experiment and ttforcefed won't pull any punches.

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    hopefully we get some of this rain - ill put the car outside and see if it beads any different

13. WJS

WJS Rookie

Jan 4, 2016
    My car went in today for the Ceramic Pro coating I mentioned a few days ago. Really excited ! Will post on result once finished.

14. WJS

WJS Rookie

Jan 4, 2016
    My wife's car finished today. Very pleased !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. DeuceRooster

DeuceRooster Karting

Jun 11, 2005
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Wow looks awesome WJS! Great reflectivity for white.

16. WJS

WJS Rookie

Jan 4, 2016
    Thank you. I had in mind a more glossy, "artificially" shiny type look. Not at all. I am really pleasantly surprised.

17. WJS

WJS Rookie

Jan 4, 2016
    Before coating, but after 2 days of buffing, cleaning and correction. Looking good already

[​IMG]
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chupee likes this.
  18. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I had my 12C coated as soon as I got it and headed out on a big road trip the day after Oakes Detailing dropped it off at my place. It's got about 10,000 miles on it in the last two months since I had it coated and it's still holding up. There are a lot of swirls in it already since I've had it washed at a few different hand wash places that didn't use proper technique, otherwise I've just been spraying it off at every self serve car wash I see. This is about 5 weeks and 9000 miles into my trip and it still looks pretty good:

http://i.imgur.com/OkJ5lVn.jpg

Once I'm back to the east coast I plan on having the swirls corrected, which shouldn't be a big deal. For now I'm totally sold on ceramic coatings.

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    2 months and u have swirls? That wld be a massive fail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Massive fail? I'm doing a road trip around the country and don't have access to proper car wash facilities. I'm using coin-op self serve places to keep the majority of crap off and have stopped by a few hand wash places that unfortunately don't use the two bucket method, clean towels, etc which is where the swirls came from. If I had been at home this whole time there would not be any swirls because I wash it properly.

The point is that I've done more miles in two months than most people do in two decades, and the coating is still holding up really well. I've been through torrential downpours, dirt roads, gravel roads, over mountains, through the desert, and 1000 miles down the coast and aside from the swirls introduced by dodgy car wash facilities, you can see that it still looks clean and glossy. Not a massive fail in my book.

21. SizzleChest

SizzleChest Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2014
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Ceramic coatings are not impervious to swirls. They will however, resist some swirls/scratches and marring. They must be maintained properly. So Robin is correct in being happy with it as well as stating that he did not have it maintained/washed properly. Kudos for the info!

22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    thats absurd for a 2500 detail. if it ur getting swirls after 2 months whats the purpose of the ceramic?

23. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith

Beautiful color on the car! Like the caliper choice as well!

SV

24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #74 ttforcefed, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Next time I set off on a 10,000+ mile road trip I'll have my detailer follow me.