Certified Pre-owned Upcharge on Speciale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Certified Pre-owned Upcharge on Speciale

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ThankfulGuy, Jan 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    While I would prefer alcantara, leather seats would not be an automatic no for me if it worked in the spec.

Coincid and ThankfulGuy like this.
  2. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
    it's that simple

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  3. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
    Ive always been an alcantara fan, but the absence of it in this spec, did not even register... it was mentioned by somone, and it made me think. Ultimately.. this is MY CAR... until it wont be... and even then.. someone else will say "WHOA THIS IS A SWEEET CAR" without mention of the absence of alcantara. Thanks for your input.

SoCal to az likes this.
  4. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I was going to say I doubt the former of the 458 Speciale that is now for sale at LFSC missed any annual services :)

tickerhound and ThankfulGuy like this.
  5. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
    LF is quite meticulous... I agree... I purchased an F12 from there... and it was immaculate.

6. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    The suspension lifter is useless on a speciale, get the skid plates designed for the speciale from a certified F dealer. In terms of msrps, my speciale has a 420K msrp and no lifter...

ThankfulGuy likes this.
  7. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’ve never needed the lifter on my 488 and Pista either.

8. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
    The previous owner of the LF car in question cosigns this position. 7000 for the lift is far more than the time or two one could replace any part scraped if it was necessary... further.. it adds weight... the WHOLE POINT OF THE SPECIALE is MORE POWER and LESS WEIGHT.

I appreciate the cosign on this matter... This post has been an excellent source of information. Everyone has been most informative.

9. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
    great cosign... Im at total peace with this point of view.

10. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    In all honesty, would you notice the weight difference? The Speciale is not a spec sheet car (although some of its specs do remain impressive even to this day). It's a car about the driving feel and experience. If you measured the Speciale purely on the spec sheet, then even a base 488GTB would be a superior car.

My view is get the options you feel you would like, and not worry about minute things such as added weight. A fully optioned Speciale will feel just as dynamic as a stripped out Speciale.

Euroryno, ThankfulGuy and italiafan like this.
  11. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
    I ultimately found a car that has all of the things I love about a car like this... I mean... since there's really nothing NOT to like about it. It has the full alcantara interior... seats and dash... low miles... and rosso scuderia color. Does it have a lift? no... Great point that lift or no lift... the driving experience would not be AT ALL different or noticeable. That being said... the absensce of the lift is in no way a deal breaker for me.

In the end, to spec a car exactly as you wish... you must simple purchase it brand new, if they allow you to, and pay a hefty premium for that opportunity to do so and own a brand spankin new Ferrari. I more a fan of the CPO program. I know it's been meticulously gone over and a large part of the depreciation will have been absorbed.

So again... Im truly thankful for all the input, it has been invaluable. Hopefully I'll be closing on the deal this week and I"ll have a wonderful time driving this mother.

As always... I like to remind those of us who own these cars and for those of you who own them but are worried about driving them because of the depreciation each mile represents.

IN THE END... ever heart beat, breath taken and move maken... every moment, second, minute, hour, day, week, month or year... WE ARE THE ONES DEPRECIATING. There beautiful inanimate objects we adore so, will be here longer than we will, and eventually someone will purchase it and driving it like they stole it.

WELL.. I WANT THE PERSON TO BE ME. I AND THE SPECIALE WILL GROW OLD AND DEPRECIATE TOGETHER.

thanks again all.

RoadRonin, italiafan and GT2goneF like this.
  12. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    AMEN!

ThankfulGuy likes this.
  13. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Congrats! Post pix as soon as you can.

ThankfulGuy likes this.
  14. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
    most certainly will

15. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Correction... It was a Speciale Aperta in Ferrari Newport Beach.

ThankfulGuy likes this.
  16. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
    I"ll be seeing the car for the first time Tuesday. I"ll be snapping up some pics then.... Im not the most photogenic guy... but aye... who cares what I look like... THE SPECIALE is the start of the show.

hahahahah

Thanks EVERYONE for your input... it has been INVALUABLE.

GT2goneF likes this.
  17. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
  18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    ThankfulGuy likes this.
  19. ThankfulGuy

ThankfulGuy Karting

Sep 21, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marc Freeman
    I’m sitting here... 2:30am... scouring through videos of exhausts because I’m going to place my order tomorrow.

TODAY I ALMOST purchased the IPE... but something stopped me. My friend whose going to swap the exhaust INSISTS ON CAPTISTO. He says it made his Italia SING better than Pavarotti. Thing is, he doesn’t appreciate the exhaust difference between the Italia and the Speciale.

My point?

I actually decided that I was going to go with the Kline after HOURS of deliberation. Before turning in, I thought I pass through,.. and here you’ve given confirmation.

Kline it will be.

Now I can spend hour determining headers and catless or not.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GT2goneF likes this.