CF Comparison | FerrariChat

CF Comparison

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Ricambi America, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Can anybody offer a comparison of the carbon fiber parts manufactuered by HG, and those by Valence USA? Both are sponsors, but I'm wondering if there are substantial differences between the two.

I'm considering CF sills for a 348. HG has them for $459, plus $50 shipping. Valence USA has them for $550 plus ?? shipping.

I welcome your responses!

-Daniel

2. BrentC

BrentC Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2003
    I don't know about HG since I have no experience with them, but Valence actually manufactures their CF parts - they are not just a re-seller. Furthermore, I don't know if it makes any difference to you, but Valence's parts are manufactured in the US, not offshore in the far East.

Also, shipping from overseas is not inconsiderable and you most likely will get a separate bill for customs duty after you have received the parts, so factor that into the whole price.

Just my $.02.

Brent

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have had alot of cardon fiber parts done for various cars over the years, and I have to tell you the Valence product is the very best I've seen.

4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Valence is working with me to make a set of interior components for 328s.

Simply said, their work is amazing, and I have no second thoughts, and can't wait for everything to be completed.