Challenge Seats | FerrariChat

Challenge Seats

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Godber, Feb 18, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Godber

Godber Rookie

Mar 7, 2007
    Sheffield, England
    Full Name:
    Andrew Fletcher
    I've picked up a nice pair of OMP 348 Challenge carbon / red fabric seats that I'm planning to fit into the TR whilst I refurb the existing leather ones this Summer.

Anyone fitted anything similar temporary or otherwise? Any fixing issues to take note of?

2. Lloyd

Lloyd F1 Rookie

Aug 25, 2001
    Austin
    I have a Ferrari carbon fiber challenge type seat which has leather on the sides and alcantara for the seat cushion and back cushion. The cushion portions were just a piece of foam which alcantara on one side and the other side was glued to the carbon fiber seat. I pulled on the back cushion and released the glue. I then placed an inflatable bladder between the carbon back and the foam for lumbar support. It was just a cheapo lumbar bladder with a bulb type inflator but it works well. Other than that the unit bolted directly to car. However, my unit came with rails. If yours does not have rails, you might want to post in the 348 section to see if someone has adapted a racing seat without rails to a stock 348. Good luck.

3. Godber

Godber Rookie

Mar 7, 2007
    Sheffield, England
    Full Name:
    Andrew Fletcher
    Thanks Lloyd do you have any pictures of the seat installed?

4. Lloyd

Lloyd F1 Rookie

Aug 25, 2001
    Austin
    Andrew, I looked in my photos and don't see any pictures of the seat installed. If you want a photo I will take a picture of it and post it later. Take Care.