Challenge Stradale, 15 years on.... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Challenge Stradale, 15 years on....

Discussion in '360/430' started by ChalStrad, Apr 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    Sorry, I am hurting some of u with my words. I’ve seen many stripes installed that way. I always wondered do they realize it’s NOT done to factory spec. As many CS owners like to keep it (relatively) stock. I’d hate to think customers are getting a factory (like) installation or product when they are not.

That’s all. No disrespect intended nor do I care what ppl do with their cars. LOL (like really??) I guess I’m the only person left in the world with the purest mentality.

2. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Its extensively well documented on Ferrarichat (even in the workshop manuals for the CS have detailed instructions about how to do it) that the stripe is a just a vinyl sticker that's clear laquered over.

Does it not occur to you that some prefer the ability to change the stripe (or remove it easily) so choose not to clearcoat it on. Again, why do you care unless your buying their car? Its a personal choice thing. If your concern is people are some how being cheated and thinking they are fitting it like the factory or not then I'd say don't worry. The vast majority of owners (even on CS cars retrofitted) know its a choice of fitting it over the top of the paint or having it laqured in. Ironically in this case some may decide not to get it laqured in out of 'originality'...

3. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

I was not referring to laquer vs non laquer. To clarify, I was only referring to the rear ferrari script and how the stripe is applied to the rear lid. Comes down to the customer purchasing the incorrect stripe (cut) and/or incorrect installation.

^ Pic worth a 1000 words. See the difference?

Gran Drewismo likes this.
  4. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    I’m definitively doin’ some CS stripe on my wannabe / lookalike / pretend Modena CS.

Because: I like it!

RANDY6005 and Zcobra1 like this.
  5. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Thinking about Scud stripes on my wannabe CS kit, Scud wheeled 360 Modena...the blasphemy!

RANDY6005 and Mickster like this.
  6. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Well...it must bother you what others do to their cars...you keep harping about it ! Enjoy yours how you like, let others do and enjoy as they see fit.

7. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    I agree.. and the “CS wannabe” came out wrong. I apologize... But that’s not the point im trying to make right now. No one intentionally purchases the incorrect stripe and has it installed. My theory is people are purchasing them unaware that not all CS stripes are created equal. Do your due diligence folks! Some are cut incorrectly. Again just a theory.

8. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Yes you have the purist mentality

9. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Looks on a stripe fitted under the Ferrari script vs over it are entirely subjective regardless of originality debates. The only reason it was done with a gap from factory was to appease corporate logo identity rules where your not allowed to have the logo behind a patterned background. I kid you not...

Stealthssfc likes this.
  10. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Agree with ferraris decision. Of course the vertical lines going thru distracts the logo. These are iconic symbols that are recognized/ praised worldwide.

Bit extreme but remember Deadmau5’s cease and desist for trademark infringement? JB libertywalk blue 458 also comes to mined Maybe on a normal ferrari..but not CS. Any stradale that was modified in the past was eventually brought back to stock. Why? To get maximum value when comes time to sell and ultimately bc majority prefer it that way. Sry that’s how I evaluate certain descions. The marketplace is never wrong.

Thats how I enjoy the car.. not motivated by its intrinsic value or ROI. I like things in their true and original form.

11. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    In the 8 years that stripe has been on the car plus 2 Cars and Coffee events you're the first person to ever say anything about it.

12. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I am a huge fan of Marchettino's videos and yes Stefano is awesome. They both are very passionate. Marchettino's review of the F4o0 is outstanding too. You can see just how much it means for him to get the chance to drive it.

supratime likes this.
  13. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    "I want to give you a punch!"

"This is Defcon 1, this is war!"

Stefano is great :)

And I think the point about the stripe was just a warning, a heads up, that it may effect resale or insurance value since it differs from factory spec. That's all. ;)

14. jg360

jg360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2018
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Gurrieri
  15. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    When I was first thinking about getting into Ferrari, I was at a dealer who had the car I bought, 2000 360 with an F1 tranny in Rosso Corsa Red. The car just behind it looked a lot like the car I bought, but had stripes and black mirrors. It was newer and about $40K more than the car I was looking at. At the time, I didn't know what a CS was and had I done a *bit* more homework, would have bought it instead.

I've always loved the CS and this is likely why I own my 16M... raw, loud and a Spider too.

If I had more garage space, I'd have more cars... including a CS.

16. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    Gents,

I have access to 2 Stradale Challenge OEM big suitcases if anyone has a need for them.

These are black in color with red stitching and are designed to go in the boot.

17. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    The CS 15 years on is still mighty easy on the eyes and I miss looking at mine.

Other than the dated-looking headlamps there is nothing else that you could really fault. Big kudos to the OP for refreshing his specimen to his own liking, I definitely wouldn't have had the balls to go through with such a dramatic change.

18. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I love the headlamps.....

FORZA 62 likes this.
  19. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  20. MrRdStr