Charles Leclerc, Ferrari Junior driver | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Charles Leclerc, Ferrari Junior driver

Discussion in 'F1' started by Bas, May 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    hahaha... go above and look who started to talk about Hamilton AND who started about Schumacher.... it is the one who "liked" your post, maybe you should have adressed him but therefore you too single sided.

stavura, fil and daytona355 like this.
  2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    If thats the best you can do I rest my case...yawn ..

william likes this.
  3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Seriously... you guys start to talk about Lewis winning in an inferior car and one asks...
    Then you start to talk about Schumacher and one says he is not theme and then you guys start to talk down 3 (!!!) championships "because of cheating" and refuse to reply when specifically asked and yet you think it is me to "drone on about MS". It is "ktu" who has not a single other theme than making every thread about Lewis and sooner or later you and william join in. Look in the mirror when you yawn...

stavura, fil and daytona355 like this.
  4. JimEakin

JimEakin Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Mountain Living
    Full Name:
    Jim
    So much for this being about Leclerc...

635CSI and kes7u like this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

BACK on topic :) I hope Charles has learned alot this year. It certainly sounds like he has! He is my driver of Ferrari next year!

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/140180/leclerc-sauber-gains-arent-due-to-upgrades

Charles Leclerc claims Sauber's impressive progress in the final part of the Formula 1 season is due to set-up work, not upgrades, because it stopped developing its 2018 car early.

Sauber started the year fighting Williams at the back of the grid but, unlike its rival from those opening races, has progressed into a regular top-10 threat.

The team has risen to eighth in the constructors' championship and is just six points behind Racing Point Force India, which has been surprised by its rival's progress.

"The baseline of the car this year is good, I just think in the first three races we didn't use the full potential," said Leclerc.

"Once we understood how to balance this car we really did a huge step up. Then we made some improvements during the season also that made it even better.

"The car is very impressive compared to last year, you can see that in the results.

6. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    As ever, Charles comes over very well. He talks here about the team He implies that the poor performance in the first three races was due to a collective lack of understanding and was collectively overcome. "The CAR is very impressive compared to last year, you can see THAT in the results".
    If the Suderia treats him well, and gets its house in order, we could achieve great things again.

I'm also pleased for Kimi, Sauber seem like an outfit on the up with strengthening links to Maranello in terms of personnel, engineering and of course FCA sponsorship. Things must have seemed bleak in the last few years yet here they are, alive and well.

stavura, 375+, Jeronimo GTO and 2 others like this.
  7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  8. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    That shirt fits him perfectly.

9. DF1

He looks great in Ferrari colors. Well done. Now get those results for us next year! :)

10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Shouldn’t this thread be renamed - Charles Leclerc, senior Ferrari driver.?

11. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    He's still junior to Seb. For how long, we don't know.

12. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Already discussed:

All the best,
    Andrew.

13. DF1

14. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Seb might be happy if it stays just the way it is. If Chuck wants to be known as the Senior driver, he'll have to earn it by deposing the current leader.

ago car nut likes this.
  15. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I only meant he is now at the senior works team, rather than the feeder team.... I didn’t mean he was to be considered the senior driver over Seb... I don’t think I was being clear in my post

stavura and 375+ like this.
  16. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I think it is a matter of when ,not if, Charles takes over the top spot.It is a big challenge but Vettel really is on his way down ,not up.

17. DF1

He has never come close to his peak in performance at Red Bull. He used an excuse of the car not to his liking when he faced his season at Red Bull with Ricci. So he is not very adaptable and has a major lack of race-craft as well??????????

18. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    We will see how Leclerc handles the pressure of being at the front of the field and maybe leading in points. Vettel may still out drive him next year.

19. DF1

Vettel should do better. That is the expectation with his experience. His history shows otherwise and he continues to talk about the harmony with Kimi being so important but that hides the fact that overall Vettel was quicker and its easier for 'harmony'. Potentially that is gone and he now, finally faces a distinct and capable driver for once after Ricci.

ktu likes this.
  20. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So Kimi finishing 3rd overall was not capable?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

21. DF1

He has had 1 win in how many years?? The example of under-performing when talented. Sorry but Kimi is not at all a 'great' He is a Massa on equivalence. Again a great is who he faced at Ferrari when he had to deal with Alonso. Look at the points tally in equal machinery. He was crushed by FA.

Kimi had a good year out of how many since back in Ferrari? There is a reason Vettel wanted him and not Charles. Fortunately for the team they picked Charles to possibly motivate a failing under pressure Vettel.

22. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    As seen at Mercedes the cars are too close to have two equal drivers taking away points from each other so it is quit debatable whether it is so clever to have Seb and Charles in the same team. Neither of them will play second fiddle like Bottas does and so it is more likely that another WDC is handed over to Mercedes that way. And you last sentence does not make sense to me: how does it help to "motivate a failing under pressure Vettel" by putting more pressure on him when he already made mistakes by being overmotivated??? It is not like he was unmotivated this year!

stavura and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  23. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    The difference is Mercedes have absolute confidence in their driver's ability to consistently deliver race wins and World Driving Championships. Ferrari, rightly or wrongly - fairly or unfairly - do not have that with Vettel.

24. DF1

Vettel's own issues with mistakes were unrelated to Kimi. Having Charles is a true challenge as he is not Kimi. The comfort level will change and that might inspire Vettel to re-assess how he handles his driving overall. Motivation is surely not limited to 'will to win' or succeed.

25. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Monza certainly has something to do with Kimi or at least the way Ferrari handled it... I doubt the same would have happened to Mercedes! Obviously there was no real plan how and were to get Seb to the front and so Seb attacked as soon as possible. I do not see how this will improve having Charles in the team.
    As seen at Mercedes Lewis won the title exactly because he is in that "comfort level" so adding Charles into this equation is the wrong way to win the title next year, it would only make sense if Ferrari has already given up on the title and hopes for the years after Seb with Charles winning the title if he is ready....