CHEAP 550's | Page 2 | FerrariChat

CHEAP 550's

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by jaticker, Jan 31, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. treedee3d

treedee3d F1 Rookie

Apr 1, 2011
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Fab
    Ahhh, the good old Western Union trick.

My favorite is the one where they use your honesty and good faith to clip you.

My sister sold a living room set for 2000$ on CL. The guy sends a 3500$ payment because he claims that he can't come himself and asks her to please pay the 500$ directly to the transport company.

She then alerts him that he sent her an extra 1000$ by mistake and he says he is in the process of moving and had to close his Paypal account so she can just send the 1000$ by Western Union.

Luckily, she called me and was bragging to me about how much she got for her old crappy living room set and told me the story as she was driving to Western Union.

I screamed loudly for her to NOT do it and wait for that Paypal payment confirmation to fail and expire which it did after a few days, of course. Thank god I caught it in time........

She's a successful business woman and no dummy but if you let your guard down, these guys can be real smooth and not so obvious like the 5700$ 348 scam described above.

2. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    There has been a 550M on Craigslist for $49k. That's about the cheapest I have seen. the front of the car looks like it has been sandblasted with rock chips. The dash is warped. All of the switches and A/C controls look sticky. The drivers seat bolster leather is worn through. It has 55K miles on it. No mention of any recent service. You get what you pay for.

3. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    Funny thread. I had a scammer trying to pull the pay pal western union thing with me one time. It was so blatantly a scam that I just played along for a while. When he wanted my address and contact info I gave him the attorney general's name and address of the A.G.'s office. I sent a note to the attorney general's office with the email thread. I got a note back saying that they had a good laugh over the whole thing and they would keep an eye out for any bogus checks from this guy. They also said they were glad I didn't get taken in because too many people do fall for these things.

4. Parkplace

Parkplace Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Kevin Buckley
    I have 3 winning powerball tickets for sale for varying amounts based on a 75% discount from the face value of each ticket.

please place advance deposit to my account at The National Bank of Sudan

5. fastjon

fastjon Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2006
    California
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    I would consider selling mine,

1999 550 maranello, black / tan 72k miles, needs service. $55k.

I bought it here 2.5 years ago, new headers, clutch, front resprayed, airbag dash reupholstered, great car.

Having baby!! Only gonna keep one Ferrari (other is blue 328 with 69k miles possibly selling for $35k).

Would trade for Aston Martin 2005 coupe or newer because I need four seats:)

6. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    #33 Derek at FoD, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012