Check out her backside........ | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Check out her backside........

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Tomf-1, Feb 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

Hi Vic---It took a little more than 2 months in between F-car ownership for me which seemed like an eternity. Notorious as one of the most impulsive and impatient car buyer in the world, it typically takes me less than an hour to decide on a car, not a very wise endeavor but thankfully, I've been blessed.

This particular experience was painstakingly long because I couldn't decide whether to buy a 512tr, 512M, 550M or 360M (let the truth be told, I wanted them all but for obviously reasons, I couldn't).....

In any case, over those two months span, I put deposits down on 4 cars on four seperate occassions (a titanium on red 550 in Houston,TX, a 550 Silver on Black in SF and a 360M in Denver and a 550M in Chicago). Three of them had issues and stories after PPI....and on the fourth one, the owner changed his mind after the contract was written up...and wanted more money so I let him out...

Thankfully, this 512TR came up and along with the support and urging of all my F-chatters (I had a thread soliciting help to decide b/w 512tr and 550M..), I went forward with it. Besides, the first time I set eyes on her, we bonded, man...sort of like that line in Jerry McQuire..dude, she had me "at Hello".

2. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Congratulations. After a pair of painted on tight designer jeans, her rear looks the best. Get a new shifter handle before you wax her and get her
    insides all moist.

Enjoy for many miles.

3. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    Hey Tom,

512 TR.................Great Ass...........

Is it single?

Sisters?

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Having driven Bruce's TR many times, i can only salivate whenever i see a 512; i can only imagine how balls to the wall they are...

Also, i don't care what anyone says about black hiding the lines of this car, TRs & 512 TRs look AWESOME in black... Any Ferrari is beautiful in black... Great car, dude, congratulations... No go out and drive it...! :)

5. Red Baron

Red Baron Rookie

Feb 14, 2004
    N. Cal
    Wow - that is SWEET! Though I've always been a "RED" fan - that color combo is good looking. Nice car!

6. by far the best and meanest looking TR I have seen probley one of my favorite Ferrari models in that color.

Great looking car please post some videos if you can or some more pics, I cant get enough of the TR.

7. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I also love your car. It looks great in black and what a beauty.

8. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Gorgeous!!!!
    I would do anything to own a beautiful 512 TR like that!

9. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Great story. I'm glad things worked out in the end. :D

10. MMechling

MMechling Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta GA
    Have to ask...did you buy it rom Nelson auto Group, or is that your family business?

11. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Nice, what year is it, 92?

12. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    Sweet looking car!

13. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

It was purchased from Nelson Group.
    I am in the commodity trading business.

14. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony

Very easy to find, go on the ferrari club of america website classified section, or the more expensive one like I have on my 512TR Cavallino Titanium California. Search the net you will find one somewhere but yours definitely has to go.
    Great car you will love it. The 512TR is my third F-Car and my favorite. I will never part with this car.
    Your exhaust seems to be the stock exhaust by looking at your pics. Go with Tubi, get rid of the cats replace with straight pipes. little more expensive but you will never regret it. If you need any info on the car feel free.

Good Luck.

15. Grigio 512TR

Grigio 512TR Karting

Nov 13, 2002
    Where's Diamond Head

Uhhh, not quite the same for me but I do think the 512TR and I connect on levels above the physical....but I can still relate to where you're comin' from. :)

Nice 512, enjoy one the best Ferrari models.....but then again I'm a bit biased. Welcome to the 512TR ownership and I agree that the beast looks better in darker colors. My .02. Be safe out there.

16. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #66 Tomf-1, Mar 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #67 Tomf-1, Mar 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Love the new shift ball. Great choice.

19. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Very nice Tom. I assume the installation was a screw-off/screw-on procedure?

20. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

thanks, vik.....(btw, that is one sharp F355 you got...)

a local mechanic installed it last week when i brought her in to install new P-zero tires and k-40 radar.

the "how-to" procedure said it takes 10 min. unscrew/screw on but....dude, knowing how utterly idiotic i'm with tools, the endeavor would undoubtedly turn into a wk/end project.

i purchased it from hill engineering, a f-chat sponsor....it cost approx. 80 euro dlvd.

21. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I hear you buddy. I'm mechanically "obtuse" myself. When I swapped in the Euro lights, lets just say it took a "little" longer than the 10 minutes I heard it would. ;)

Many thanks. She's absolutely gorgeous, and I'm having a whale of a time with her.

22. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Black beauty, awesome car and congrats... but ditch the shift knob.

23. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    He just did. See pics above.

24. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    NOW she is PERFECT!! Drive her in good health Tom.

25. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

you got it...(esp w/ the K40 freshly installed)
    she is absolutely over the top.

love your 328gts, man.