Check out this Saclam 355 header back system, never seen this one before... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Check out this Saclam 355 header back system, never seen this one before...

Discussion in '348/355' started by edmo7, Mar 31, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xavior

xavior Formula 3

Aug 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    #51 xavior, Nov 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
  3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I see all sorts of potential issues in using this system on a 5.2 Motronic car. First, the lack of cats, so you will have to use O2 simulators for the post cat O2 sensors. Also I am unsure how you would eliminate the exhaust bypass valve and not get a "check engine" light. The Motronic is using the thermo-couple on the y-pipe, just past the exhaust valve to pick up the exhaust temps, and confirm the valve is opening and closing when it should. With no feedback it is going to trip the "check engine" light. I would hate to simply remove the "check engine" light since it monitors and sets off the light for a lot of various engine functions. If you eliminate it, you are "flying blind", and you will never get through an emissions check. I suppose you could start scanning for codes on a weekly or monthly basis, but that is still not as efficient as knowing instantly when you have a problem...

4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Zombie thread. Time to revive.

Rare opportunity to see the RSD F355 Saclam equipped car in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAqiMYXw6Ko

I've seen this car in person at RSD when I visited Japan a few years back. The only engine mod this car has is the Saclam exhaust/header system. Ecu is stock. Air intakes are stock. I asked why they didn't opt to put in an aftermarket intake system like the Gruppe M and their response was the car makes very good horsepower with the Saclam exhaust system and although adding an intake system could add more power, it borderlined needing more fuel/tuning and said it was too difficult to mess with the Stock ECU. They wanted to keep a car at a power level they felt comfortable with the stock ecu mapping.

This car is being tracked at Tsukuba Circuit (TC2000) in the video. I clocked the car at 1:02-1:03 per lap. That's pretty respectable, but the really fast cars are sub 1 min. Most of them are turbo charged.

NA cars, you might find a few S2000 tuners sub 1 min and Ti Racing's NA Exige is 58 secs. The NA exige is 210-2210 rwhp MAX. It is all weight and suspension tuning. Same goes for the S2000.

The F355 only needs modest power gains and significant weight reduction, suspension tuning and it is good to go.

Stock F430 Scuderia does the same track in 1:08! RSD tuned Scuderia does the trackin in 1:03-1:04 by professional drivers who know the track in and out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF3tWa6BLUA

Stock 458 does Tsukuba in 1:02-1:03. Same as the RSD F355 with a stock ECU!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-ADlgj4u9M

Tsukuba Circuit is a great short track with a variety of low speed and mid speed turns along with 2 long straights. It's a considered a balanced track and squeezing 1 second out of a min track is difficult.

Love your 355. It is not as slow as you think. Maybe on the straight away, but if all you care about is the straight away, get a Supra.

5. F1moving

F1moving Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 7, 2014
    BUCKeYe!
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    That sounds great!