Checked out a 928 GTS today | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Checked out a 928 GTS today

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by Chupacabra, Dec 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I had a 1993 GTS, but that was way back in 1998. It was a fun car. It was a great road trip car. I'm thinking about getting another 928. But I want an 1986.5, its close to having an S4, but I like the original styling better of the S. My Porsche mechanic here, he's built up a 928 following.

2. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

I also prefer the S2 styling. I love my GT but an 86.5 is the sweet-spot for styling with some S4 bits.

3. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Loved the 85-86 928 S. They went downhill in styling after that. I've had to talk myself into the S4's "styling" and the GTS rear taillights reflector connection and body colored rear wing (never liked the rear wing to begin with) was just too much.

IMHO

4. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

I feel that. I also have an S4 and the PO fitted the GTS bumper with reflector. I don't really like it but the design has been stolen for the Carrera 4 GTS. I will soldier on.

5. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Gonna agree on appearance, but I surely liked triple digit speeds in my S4 much more than in my S - car felt much more planted & stable, though the wind made the rear spoiler flex/resonate like crazy. Today? I don't do 100+, whether briefly or for extended periods, so guess I'd be happy to get back to an S. :)

6. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

I agree. Took the S4 through some high cross-winds yesterday and it still felt steady as a rock. It's a slippery shape too which probably helps

7. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    Wow, I just checked in and see that this thread has been revisited recently! I ended up helping someone else buy the car; it went to a very good home. Haven't forgotten about GTS's, though, and I'd like to add one eventually. I took my own advice and ended up getting out of the 90's with a 575M. I couldn't resist the allure of black on black, though :)

SimCity3 and David_S like this.