Checking 355 oil level | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Checking 355 oil level

Discussion in '348/355' started by mpodgor, Aug 29, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stevew3765

stevew3765 Formula Junior

Oct 27, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
    Full Name:
    Steve Wool
    #51 stevew3765, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ok Here is the dip stick now after pulling out just over half a quart. Maybe my reading wasn't exactly correct in the other pic. I don't think half a quart could have made that much diff. Thank godness she is going into the shop. Look at the coloration of that oil....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. apex97

apex97 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2006
    Stockbridge, GA
    Full Name:
    Edward Zabinski
    Level is fine, color is good, both well within service limits..you should be fine.

3. stevew3765

Oct 27, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
    Full Name:
    Steve Wool
    Whats weird. Is now the oil pressure has bounce back up to 40-70 at idel. lol Yeah. IT's time for service....Thanks for you help...:>)

4. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #54 Challenge, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am still surprised at how many people make up their own rules for this stuff. "Not all the way?"

The oil temp should be at least 70 degrees C (158 F). From page B 75 in the WSM.

5. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Exactly.....70 is not all the way to 92. Makes it easier to check.

6. Extreme

Extreme F1 Rookie

May 26, 2010
    Northern Utah
    Full Name:
    Erick
    #56 Extreme, Jan 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    Are you reading the oil pressure when the engine is cold?
    It should read around the 70 mark at cold idle or if revving when warm. When the engine is hot and idling it will usually be below the 30 mark.

You’re making up problems for your car that don't exist... This is what happens when you read all the doom and gloom that’s in this forum, now go get a beer and forget about it…

7. stevew3765

Oct 27, 2012
    Tulsa, Oklahoma USA
    Full Name:
    Steve Wool
    In the words of the kinks "paranoia will destroy ya" It all stems back from the way I bought this car. sight unseen. So, yes I am a little skittish about the car. My tech has already told me not to worry the engine is strong. And that it just needs some tlc. Kinda like a boat. If you don't stay on top of these cars they will go south in a hurry. So, It's obvious that the previous owner was on his way to driving my baby into the ground. I'd like to think I saved her just before...Maybe I just need to read a good book till after my service...lol Thanks extreme. I see you enough on the boards to warrant your name I think...

8. Sammyboy021

Sammyboy021 Rookie

Feb 19, 2015
    Australia
    Just did one!