Checking tyre pressures on a 355 | FerrariChat

Checking tyre pressures on a 355

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by murph7355, Mar 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Feeling a bit dumb here, but is there a special technique for doing this?

Just stuck my pressure gauge on the valve but no dice. No value registered and it feels like the gauge doesn't want to go on properly?? The needle in the valve looks a bit wider than on other cars, but I'd still expect it to work.

I know I should look in the manual but (a) I'm a bloke and (b) it's just starting howling a gale and the manuals are in the car!

Cheers

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    No worries murph. While there are a lot of superb mechanics on this board, there are also an equal number of newbies (like you and I) that can benefit from the experience of others. People here have been very nice to me with my "basic" questions, and so you shouldn't feel ashamed to ask either.

As for your question, though, the way to check pressure on 355 stock tires/rims should be no different than with other vehicles. I had mine checked last weekend, and I used my $5 valve tester, which worked fine. Check your tester, since there may be different tester widths, and you may have a bigger one than required.

3. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Cheers ghost.

Checked the gauge on another car and it works OK. Will dig out my other gauge and see what gives.

Just wanted to check I wasn't missing anything obvious :)

4. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    The problemis that some gauges dont go in far enough to activate the pin in the middle.

The other thing is they are very sensitive to pressures so get your self a good gauge. Sykes pickavent do a good one, you can get from partco or demontweeks motorsport mail order.

You need to spend about £50 for a good one!