Chevy and Corvette Unique Models | FerrariChat

Chevy and Corvette Unique Models

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by 19633500GT, Nov 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Going to look at a local gentleman’s collection and ultimately help him sell off years of cars and projects.

I was told one is a ‘95 ZR1 with less than 3000 miles. He’s the original owner.

Are these things valuable? I mean, outside me just searching the Internet for comps, do these get Vette guys jazzed?

Another unique Chevy, is a 87 El Camino “Choo Choo” Edition.

I’ll add some photos this weekend after making the trip over.

I know very little about these if anyone wants to chime in.

2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    The "Choo Choo" has some extra value beyond the SS and Conquista models (+10 to 15%) and IMHO looks a little better.

For that series body style, Chevy's customizer made about 5,000 "Choo Choos" over 5 years of production, so it is not exactly "rare" but there is some premium about it, probably dependent on what a buyer will pay. The rarity premium really depends on year. The bulk of the "Choo Choo" production option is skewed towards the middle years so the beginning and final production years show the lowest numbers.

Another little tibit is that GMC also produced a version of the El Camino, but I don't believe any received the "Choo Choo" custom treatment unless the owner had it done themselves. Production of the El Camino during the last series was about 25,000 per year while production of the GMC version was probably in the 3,000 range. Check El Camino Central web site to see what the experts say.

19633500GT likes this.