Chicago and Great Lakes region events 2019 | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Chicago and Great Lakes region events 2019

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by F1tommy, Dec 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    I haven't seen so much action on this thread in a while! I hate that LFSC isn't doing their gathering. I went twice and it was really something to see! A silver F50 and a Rosso Barchetta La Ferrari, incredible! There were other hypercars but those two quickly come to mind. I can agree that it got crowded. It seemed a lot of cars were parked in random spots, and all over the place. Cancelled because of hot rodding, I might question that. Cancelled because other businesses complained their normal customers couldn't find a parking spot and normal traffic crowding, to me that seems more likely.

I'll be going to the Italian Village Ferrari Fest unless there is a high chance of rain. It is pretty easy for me to go downtown.

jjmalez and absostone like this.
  2. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Ask Rick Mancuso. He owns Lake Forest Sportscars. If I cared enough to prove this, I would.

Pfft!

gh0st0 likes this.
  3. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Huge turnout for Supercar Saturday this morning. The front lots were filled up and they were parking Ferrari's and Lamborghini's in the back lot, like 2 cars shows at once. Mostly new stuff with a few really nice Detomaso's and a very rare late model Pantera(1991/92).

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

JP365, WJC and absostone like this.
  4. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Oh wow, looks like a great turnout. Weather was on point today

5. FordMan

FordMan Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2013
    Central Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bobby R
    It was a great turnout today—my favorite were the Gulf GTs!!

absostone likes this.
  6. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Guess I picked the wrong day to stop smelling like exhaust.;)

absostone likes this.
  7. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Well the rain did not help but a few cars showed up anyway. The Fuelfed Maserati 3500's were the most interesting as they are new to the area. The silver car is the 1959 Paris showcar and was just brought to Chicago in May of this year from Italy. Italian Village was mostly new Ferrari's with a few nice older cars. To bad these shows were not yesterday as alot of cars did not show up due to the weather. Hope to see the Maserati's at the Ferrari Winnetka Fuelfed later this month. Also don't forget the Pirelli Challenge sports car races at Road America in 2 weeks. Always a lot of nice race cars at that event.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

tunlhd1, WJC, JP365 and 3 others like this.
  8. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Thanks for breathing life into this once awesome, but now dying, thread.

Joe

absostone likes this.
  9. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I know we are all depressed by the LFSC Ferrari show cancellation but we still have a few really good shows in September. Maybe the owners should double down on the Fuelfed Ferrari event. It might scare Winnetka if all those LFSC cars showed up :)

The amount of exotic cars showing up at several of these shows makes me think we need a big exotic show somewhere in Chicago. Maybe several dealers and a nice town can work together to make it happen??

10. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    I was amazed at the number of cars that did show in the rain. Good to see more and more knowing that these cars don’t melt in the rain - granted I know what it is like to have a clean car just to get it dirty again.

Missed FuelFed but thanks for posting! Beautiful pair!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

tunlhd1, JP365, jjmalez and 2 others like this.
  11. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
  12. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Do you really want to miss the last big race of the season at Road America, the best track in North America :)

The Blancpain GT World Challenge America headlines an all Sports Car weekend at Road America, bringing exotic GT3 machinery to the popular circuit. Formerly Pirelli World Challenge, the new-look series is a part of a global series racing in Europe, Asia, and America showcasing a new race format with 90-min double-header races featuring full-service pit stops, driver changes, and increased strategy.

In addition, Pirelli GT4 America (featuring GT4 homologated racecars) and TC America (TCR, TC, and TCA class racecars) will fill out the weekend’s racing schedule for a jam-packed weekend of sports car racing.

Explore the open paddock, mingle with teams and drivers, and enjoy unprecedented access to over 100 incredible cars featuring manufacturers like Acura, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Mercedes-AMG, Nissan, Porsche, and so much more.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

absostone likes this.
  13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Tommy, do you know where the Winnetka event relocated to? I heard the downtown is under construction and they moved to some country club. Any tips?

14. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    They sent members a email with the changes. I will post it when I get back from Road America.

amenasce likes this.
  15. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  16. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Thanks. Let me know.

17. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  18. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    I will be going to this one. I haven’t take the 911 Targa to a member meeting yet so this will be the first one.

absostone likes this.
  19. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    So its perfect all week until the weekend and will be nice tomorrow, go figure!!! Anyway the light showers really killed the turn out but we still had a few very nice cars show up.
    Maybe they should have an indoor event in the winter :) (The Ferrari Club already does in March at Continental Autosports).

By the way I like the downtown Fuelfed location much better, and hopefully it will be back next year.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

WJC and absostone like this.
  20. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  21. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  22. amenasce