Chicago Motor Cars | FerrariChat

Chicago Motor Cars

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by wings, Jul 3, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Anyone have any experience with Chicago Motor Cars in West Chicago, IL ?

2. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    These guys are okay by me.

I bought a luxury German unit from them for personal use. The whole event was well done from the moment I called to the point of possession. I even complicated the whole thing with two trades.

The car was only missing its manuals & an additional key (both of the trades had them present). But the salesman told me he would get the missing items (and I had that written into the offer). A few weeks later - still no books or keys. I made one call to management, and a cash substitute for the manuals/keys and a apology for the delay was instant.

I still have the car (and new manuals & keys) & it has been fantastic.

I have sent half a dozen peeps to them since with good result.

They have a blue Stradale there now that someone should buy.

3. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Thanks for the reply! Did you ever meet Parin??

4. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    My Viper was slightly over priced given the condition of the paint... I didn't realize how expensive it was to repaint 3-layer metallic silver *. However, I can't complain too much since I haven't had any expensive mechanical problems. Fortunate since I didn't get a PPI... *

The car did come with a ~$200 "paint warranty", which I didn't notice until later *. Seems pretty useless. Just make sure they don't tack that or anything else on. I would recommend them, just be cautious as you are with any dealer. I never met Parin but exchanged a couple emails

* I really didn't know what I was doing when I bought this car.

5. vf430

vf430 Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2009
    SoCal
    They are fine i bought many exotics from Parin. Just do a through PPI.

6. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    There is a relatively new sales guy there names Rick Carlson. Guys check him out. He is too good to be true. Talk about going the extra mile for you, he will go the extra 100 miles. He may be new to the dealership but he comes from many years of working with BMW and others. He is the real deal!!

7. hp414

hp414 Rookie

Aug 8, 2012
    We had a REALLY bad experience with Chicago Motor Cars. They sold us a car that was not as advertised and we have been to court 4 times, including Federal. Parin and Frank are both liars, but their true personalities don't come out until after you sign documents. They are very nice before that. I highly recommend you read our story and the many other lawsuits they have lost for fraud. You can find everything you are looking for on facebook under Chicago Motor Cars Buyer Beware or on Chicago Motor Cars Suck

Honest used car dealers are hard to find, especially in Chicago, but Chicago Motor Cars is one of the worst. I really would just stay far, far away.

I think you will find the Lamborghini story facinating. Chicago Motor Cars sold it "as new", "no known accidents", but we have news footage of that Lamborghini being involved in an accident. And yes, we have the proof to back it up.

If you need any more info, email David at: [email protected]

8. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Sure did. I had thought I talked him out of a factory GT3 poster he had on the wall... But when I walked over - took it off the wall & walked out - he stopped me.

:)

Oh well. No poster.

9. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Just a follow up on my purchase from Chicago Motor Cars. The car, a Lamborghini was purchased by me over the phone, unseen by me except for video's. It arrived at my home in exactly the condition that it had been described by the sales guy Rick Carlson. In fact, if it was not for Rick's assurances and pictures and videos and can do attitude with all my requests this purchase would not have happened. Look him up if you are in the market for a car. Great guy!

10. Dr. SS

Dr. SS Rookie

Jul 28, 2013
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Asim
    Bought several cars from them and several other cars sold by way of friends I have referred. Greta dealership. Parin is a stand up guy and a friend.

11. drzuess

drzuess Karting

Apr 15, 2009
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Viraj
    Ive had good experiences with CMC. I have bought 28 cars since 2005 from them and not had an issue with a single transaction. And more than one occasion they have gone above and beyond a used car dealership would do for you.

12. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Congrats on the new toy! Pics?

13. Subarubrat

Subarubrat Formula 3

Apr 1, 2009
    VA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Bought my 355F1 through them, will probably look to them for my next F car, very solid dealer with no negatives.

14. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    #14 wings, Aug 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Wow!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

16. m2000

m2000 Rookie

Sep 1, 2012
    Wings, Is your gold murcielago still for sale? [email protected]. thanks

17. jphotography

jphotography Karting

Feb 4, 2013
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    john jiang
  18. tatry68

tatry68 Karting

Oct 27, 2013
    Chicago Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Stan
    A friend has bought 4 cars from them and is happy with all his purchases. I've only been there once. Most cars in the showroom were nice, however I saw one that looked like an alley bodyman had painted the the front end. I know that I would be pissed if I bought it sight unseen and paid over 100K for it. Hope this helps.