Chicago Party on Saturday | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Chicago Party on Saturday

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Feb 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Valet parking, yes.

These valets have even been trained in Ferrari parking. They had mine. And loved it.
    :)

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Cool! See you Tomorrow! (But,not in the Ferrari.My Wife's PT Cruiser with a little Cavalino sticker in the back window.)

3. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Andreas,

I do plan on being there, as I have mentioned before. My more pleasant half has to work until 6:00 so if she wants to come we wouldn't get there until 6:30 - 6:45. I gather from your post that you want to start the film at 6:00. I will just have to see.

Bill

4. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Andreas,
    I'll see you there !
    Dave

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm planning on a 15' brake at halftime (around 6:45pm) for bio break (smokers etc), get more popcorn and to explain what the hell just happened in the first half...

Karen said I should post a drawing on the technology part, but I said nahh, these are Ferrari folks, they'll figure it out. Prove her wrong please.
    :)

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Sorry...my intellect stops just short of Ancient Latin History.:) Technology? Well,I would be classified as "Roadkill on the information Superhighway". But,I'm game for anything!! HeeHee!!!

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks Andreas and Karen for a great evening. I really enjoyed your Movie. Too bad it can't be "Viewed" by more people. Considering all of the Time,Money and Effort that went into Production. At least,among other Titles,(HmmmHmmm,winkwink) You can add "Movie Producer!" That is cool. Maybe,someday,somehow,it can be. I think it could claim a "Cult Status"...Like Rocky Horror...:) Yes,we can say that we "knew him back when"....:) Nice to see everyone,and can't wait until WE can DRIVE,again! (And also,thanks ALOT Bill,for that Info.!!!!)

8. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Andreas & Karen-

Great party , I really enjoyed it!

Great movie too; it's obvious that the latent Cosmonaut in you was coming out. :)

Thanks,
    Skip

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Next production? Ferrari's in Space! Or,Ferrari's on the moon! :) I can picture it now...Andreas,in a Space suit,in his car,with the top offf,doing "Doughnuts" on the Moon!!! WOOOOOOOWEEEEEEE!!!!! :)

10. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    #35 Dave Bendl, Feb 8, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I would like to thank Andreas for the invite to the premier of
    "Hic Rhodos-Hic Salta!". You spent allot of time & expense over six years on this project, and to your credit saw it through.
    Attached is a photo of Andreas giving some details last night prior to showing the movie. The "prop" table is on the right.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks guys for the compliments and thanks for coming. I know this wasn't exactly up your alley, so all the more nice of you guys to show.

I like the outcome of the movie. Not in all parts some got better and some less good than anticipated. But it was truly a case of the journey is the experience. I'm glad I'm done now and can focus my efforts and resources onto something else. Something red with four wheels, where the journey is also more interesting than where you end up.

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I enjoyed the Movie. I do like Outer Space themed 'stuff'. Definitely much better than just a 'Home movie'. If you want to,someday. You can make a Mystery Science Theater version,for your collection.:)

13. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    For Karen and Andreas,

Thank you for the gracious hospitality. I loved the movie, I found it quite entertaining. The Bonster (after my hearing my review) is very interested in seeing it, if there are any copies for loan. She was disappointed that she could not be present for the screening.

Thank you again,
    Bill

14. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Billiam-

'The Bonster' has to get her priorities right. :)

Or........maybe Andreas can have another 'Premier' screening; then we'll bring the girls.

15. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    Andreas,

Would've loved to have made it, but I had 2 birthday parties to go to, a baby's and a buddy's. Is it possible to get a copy to view? How was it shot, on film, DV or other? Looking forward to seeing it...

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Again many thanks for your kind words. The Mistery Theater idea is interesting. Loved that show! I was thinking maybe adding VH-1 bubble comments to it. It is really loaded with stuff you don't really notice unless you're a total space geek. Seriously.

Sean, it was mostly shot on DV and then edited on a PC. Some scenes were shot in whateverwasavailableinfreakingRussia format and then translated. That's why some of the Russian scenes are a bit grainy or even B/W.

We'll talk about a loaned copy later. Technically it is easy for me to make duplicates of the DVD, but there are some scenes in it I don't want to get into circulation...

17. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,a copy on DVD would be Cool. I'd definitely buy one. Yes,Mystery Science Theater is on the Sci-Fi channel at 8:00AM on Saturdays. I love that show. My brothers,or my Friends and I have always ad-libbed Funny,(or attempts at Humor,anyway)comments during movies. And,when I discovered MST 2K,(now 3K) several years ago,thought,"Hey,this is right up my alley". As,you guys have noticed that I am a Repressed Comedian.(or,try to be,anyway:) ) Now,wait for me to reply to myself.:)

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    And,speaking of things on the Video media. I am watching Miami Vice right now,and Crockett and Tubbs are in the White Testarossa,chasing a guy in a Black Maser BiTurbo Spider.