Child Seat in rear of 612 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Child Seat in rear of 612

Discussion in '612/599' started by asg612, Feb 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    I guess I will put the clek in my m5 then because the current recaro is taking up way too much space and my daughter is quite a bit older now.

The bubblegum is now my only hope :)

2. jjmcd

jjmcd Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
  3. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    #103 m5shiv, Feb 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    OK, as mentioned in an earlier post the Clek doesn't fit in the 612. It was a nice fit in my E60 M5.

Which leaves us with the Bubble Bum (yeah I know, tacky).

But it works PERFECTLY. My daughter says she is happy with it. It raises her enough to see out of the window and positions the shoulder belt in the right area. The bottom is also soft (the seat inflates) and won't scratch the Poltrona Frau.

Pics below !
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. F12Berlinetta

F12Berlinetta Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    You're right -- the Bubble Bum isn't the "coolest" booster, but I do like the fit. Does it mount to the anchors in the seat? I've never really tried the anchor mount in my 612. About the Clek, remember that you can put those in front-side-back and they will fit in the 612 and provide your child with the arm rests. The only problem, as mentioned, is that the Clek booster will not anchor when put in backward, but the seatbelt does all the work in that case. It's what I've been doing to drive my two little ones around.

5. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    it doesn't use the anchors but has its own system which uses the seat belt. the reason that I won't use the clek backwards is because it is not legally qualified to be used like that.

6. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Nor has the seat ever been tested for safety when installed backwards. I think it's a bad idea to do that honestly.

7. ferrarisun

ferrarisun Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2011
    Some of the posters are critical of hauling small kids in a Ferrari? Wonder how many of them have hauled small kids in big, tall SUVs, and some of those SUVs can (and do), roll over at speeds as low as 35-40mph, when they have to make a sudden swerve in the road!

8. F12Berlinetta

F12Berlinetta Karting

Apr 7, 2012
    Seriously? A booster's sole purpose is to elevate a child sitting in a car seat to enhance safety, not because the booster itself will provide some sort of protection in the event of an accident, but because it simply better positions the straps of the seatbelt across the child's chest rather than across the child's neck. Forwards or backwards, the functionality of the booster is the same assuming it does the job of elevating the child in the seat. A phone book, if in fact such a thing exists anymore, would accomplish the same thing, as would several towels folded and stacked.

They are your children, and you are the one responsible for their safety -- the choice of booster is completely your prerogative.

9. DanDan612

DanDan612 Rookie

Jul 15, 2013
    Hello, just traded my 360 for a 612 and have same strategy, take my 3 year old with me. Did you ever find a seat? Thanks and hope all is well. Dan

10. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #110 Piper, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    $11 from Walmart.

Congrats on trading up to a 612. Unbelievable value compared to the 8cyls, especially for us family guys.

11. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    The Diono radian 100 is an amazing seat with narrow base but high back, fits nicely in the 612 (but not in the California). It is for sale on Amazon, 5 points harness. It is perfect for my 3 year old. It was however difficult to get it to latch on the Isofix anchors because they are tucked all the way in there. As far as booster with back, the Combi Kobuk is great (Amazon too, fits in California).

12. alonsomassa79

alonsomassa79 Karting

Jun 24, 2013
    WV
    Full Name:
    vignesh
    I took your advice and bought the diono 100 seat. Were you able to latch it in the 612? I know the anchors are deep. Or did you have to use the seatbelt to keep it in place?

13. SciFrog

SciFrog Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2008
    USA
    It was not easy but I managed to latch it.

14. Proxbox

Proxbox Rookie

Sep 30, 2013
    Hi. I'm a very new newbie. Trying to buy a seat for my 3 month old. Can you recommend a seat that doubles as infant (rear facing)and can be turned forward facing when she graduates weight wise (toddler). While on same topic, I also have a 4 year old. What's the seat for him?

I had a hell of a time trying to "test" latch a base that wasn't really going to fit, but just to try latches. I was able to latch one but not both. Tips??

I love my 612. It is my first Ferrari and I am so fortunate. My wife wants to get some use with my young family, so any help is appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

15. LuxLife458

LuxLife458 Rookie

Jan 12, 2017

Screenshot of a YouTube Review. Maybe you can make out the brand? Was a Norwegian video though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. pierre_l

pierre_l Rookie

Jan 15, 2006
    I use the seat belts to hold the baby seat, was never able to uncover the isofix they say comes with the car - if anyone made it work, I'd love ot know how to find the isofix... and my wife would be the happiest person.
    by the way i use the recaro baby seat