Chinese market 612 OTO | FerrariChat

Chinese market 612 OTO

Discussion in '612/599' started by 24000rpm, Jan 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Yes.

This example is an OTO (one-to-one) version - 612 later versions.

It has the later engine (F133H), super fast gearbox (same as the 599), Bose 2Din, electrocromatic roof, start button on the steering wheel, etc.

A beauty! Love the color scheme and those wheels.

2. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Easiest way to tell is the Manettino, only Sessantas and OTOs have that. I can't be 100% sure but this one seems to have the HGTII package as well by the looks of the exhaust and the brakes.

3. TheCook

TheCook Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2015
    Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Certainly looks like an OTO, panoramic roof is a sure sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

thank you guys, so above car is my primary, would you take a look at the 2nd car im looking, below

5. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Yes, second car is also an OTO. You can tell by the manettino on the steering wheel, among other details. I think those are aftermarket wheels. They are very similar to the base wheels on the OTO, but I think there is a slight difference-- or maybe it's just a shadow. Either way, I like them.

6. TheCook

TheCook Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2015
    Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Agreed, also an OTO. Doesn’t have the propellor sports exhaust though so looks like the original owner specified the quieter original version..?

I used to think red wasn’t the 612s colour but that looks stunning. Lovely interior worth the white piping too.

7. Diny

Diny Karting

Jun 24, 2017
    The wheels on the red car look like 458 wheels. At least in design. If the fitment is not the same then they are aftermarket designed to look like them.

8. 599_GTO

599_GTO Karting

Mar 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    J.S.
    Diny is 100% correct... those are 458 five spokes. Personally I like the black car but wish it had the interior of the red one! Haven’t seen white contrast piping on Daytona’s in cuoio before

9. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Both gorgeous cars! Well done.

10. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

sorry guys, a 3rd car. and this is the last one i'll go take a look. in China these will fetch around 170-200k US$.

Please say anything that you spot weird or deserve some special attention.

about the following car's rims, aren't they for regular 612s?

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    That one is an OTO as well, and it has the stock wheels. I like the stock wheels-- it's what I have on my 612. Easy to clean, and look good.

12. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Dang! These are pretty nicely spec'd cars for the China market!

I love the first 2 OTO's, especially like the red with cuoio and light piping...but only if the wheels are changed back to 612 specific wheels (yes, those are 458 wheels). I personally despise cars with other same make/different model wheels.

13. FerrariFinally

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    And sorry, but you asked for opinions, but the first 2 vehicles do not have the details in the wheels right. The first one with chrome have non-chrome caps...a no-no. The second one didn't even have any caps at all...for the $$$ you mentioned, they didn't even bother to get the caps right...oh well.

14. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

Then what is the wheel of the first black car(grey interior)? isn't that stock? or an option?

15. FerrariFinally

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Those are 612 wheels, should be the challenge wheels that they share with the 599...But I am not sure the chrome is from the factory. So my comments are that when they chromed the wheels, they maybe should have chromed the caps or bought aftermarket chrome ones to match better.

But, If you do not mind the look...then it really is no big deal. I am one of those anal guys where wheel caps can drive me crazy.

16. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

what are the differences between US spec and Euro spec OTOs ,by the way, any previous discussion on this? I am a 360/430 guy, the 612 thing is new to me, i just developped a itch for the 612 recently and couldn't let go of it LOL

17. TheCook

TheCook Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2015
    Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Ian
    That third car looks good too. Has the non sport exhaust option as well though.

18. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    The exhaust tips on the 3rd car look aftermarket to me. Appear to have an outside curl - the standard exhausts have parallel tips, skewed cut.

24000rpm likes this.
  19. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Kevin- There were multiple options for wheel centers on the 612 in several colors, all OEM. Chrome was not a choice. The 599 and 612 OTO did not share wheels except for the fronts. The rears on the 599 are an inch wider.

20. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    I thought all OTOs have sport exhaust as part of the package, but I may be wrong.