Chinese market 612 OTO | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Chinese market 612 OTO

Discussion in '612/599' started by 24000rpm, Jan 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Challenge wheels are technically the set for the 360 Challenge Stradale. They aren't even the same bolt diameter as the 612 wheels. The design is the same, but nothing else.

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    George- The 20" wheel style on the 612 and 599 is referred to by Ferrari as Monolithic 20" Challenge Style, usually shortened to Challenge by owners. So, no, they are not just the CS wheels. Bolt diameter (114.3 mm vs 108 mm) has nothing to do with how they are named.

Monolithic 20" Challenge Style Wheel Rims RIM4 from the 612 option list.

donv, randkin and G. Pepper like this.
  3. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

you bet, numero uno, pricey too!

but that plate is deteriorated, they all eventually do that?

4. TheCook

TheCook Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2015
    Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Ian
    That plate surprised me too. Mines in storage atm so I can’t check it but I don’t recall
    It being like that. Possible an over enthusiastic inexperienced detailed ran a machine over it. Worth asking about and checking VIN numbers etc are all correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. ecarca

ecarca Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Emmanuel
    #55 ecarca, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Hard to find good cars in the local market, good luck and happy new year ;)

The good point is I believe there are no buyers for 612 on the second hand market, and more and more are popping up in the ads. So sellers may be able to give you a good deal...

Ideally, you need to find an owner that wants to sell, you know how agents and reseller work here...

Where are you based? I'm in Zhuhai.
    If you're in Guangdong and can get a double plate, then you hit the bonus with HK cars, much better maintenance and very highly optioned. More than 50% of the 612 in HK have the HGTC package for first generations and pricing is crazy as well compared to mainland. You can get an early HGTC low mileage one for 500K HKD! I guess OTO are definitely well priced too but budget wise I am in the market for the first one so didn't check the later ones. These days you can rent a bridge plate for 50k a year or so, so it's really worth the money, just to have access to HK second hand market.

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

6. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Those prices seem to be very good prices compared to US prices - 500k HKD = $63.7k. For that kind of money I would think it would be worth checking into OTO models as the later years do have some nice features not previously available. Unless of coarse you want a MT which is not available on the OTO models.

7. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

ah..... I am around Beijing, so double plate wouldn't be too useful. those cars can't leave Guangdong province, can they? Gong xi fa cai!

the OTOs are asking somewhere around US $165K, and I am talking them down to US$130K and see
    if they'll cut a deal. I am visiting an agent in a few days

by the way, you work in ZIC? just a hunch

8. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Gong xi fa cai or Gung hay fat choy as I would say it from California, US!