Cholesterol | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Cholesterol

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Dom, Sep 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Any meds? Awesome with or without.

2. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    crazy canuck, Wade, NbyNW and 4 others like this.
  3. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Heredity and bad eating habits caused a bad C of about 280. Dr. put me on Vytorin one pill a day. Six months later my C was down to 110, but I was experiencing muscle aches. With Dr's OK, began a titration program. Started program by cutting daily dosage in half. Muscle aches receding. Six months later remeasured C. Still at 110. Began program of a half pill every other day. Measured C six months later. Still at 110. No muscles aches at all. Internal med doctor was quite pleased.

I also made serious changes to diet, e.g., no fast food, no sodas. Introduced a lot more fresh food. Drink a lot of water.

I came to learn from a doctor cousin that he carries what I call "the little black book" that offers pharmaceutical dosing information. In my case, the standard dosing was way too high.

Statins can do great things. I believed that adjusting my Vytorin dosing was no different than tuning a carburetor.

NbyNW likes this.
  4. crazy canuck

crazy canuck Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2005
    West Coast
    2 great books to read to lower your cholesterol - both by medical Dr.'s

1. How not to Die by Dr. Michael Greger.

2. Preventing and reversing Heart disease - Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn / Cleveland Clinic surgeon & former Gold medaling olympic rower.

Highly recommend watching the movie Game changers too!