Chris Hall driving my 355 Challenge | FerrariChat

Chris Hall driving my 355 Challenge

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by gatorgreg, Aug 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    I finally did it and hired a driving coach, Chris Hall. What an amazing experience! I learned so much in just one day. Plus, Chris is a nice guy and great coach! I highly recommend it!

Enjoy!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLyazqH9SoM

2. fire_n_ice

fire_n_ice Formula 3

Jun 9, 2006
    Very nice vid! You can really see (and hear) how he picks up the pace after the first couple laps. Man, that track is so bumpy... must be a handful.

How long have you been tracking the 355 Challenge? How do you find it, overall, as a track car (maintenance, etc.)?

3. guycosmo

guycosmo Karting

Jul 12, 2008
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Guy Cosmo
    Chris is a good friend of mine and a GREAT driver/instructor. Well done for hiring him to work with you!

4. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    #4 ProCoach, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
    Nice run, very nice use of the car without thrashing it. Makes a difference, doesn't it? Chris is a great guy and he can help you understand how to do it. That's the hallmark of a great coach and instructor. Glad you bit the bullet.

Riding with him helps to recalibrate your rear end, too. I'll bet you were more confident (=quicker) the next time you went out.

Saw you craning your neck over to look at the speedo on the back straight. ;) Of course, it snaps back to attention towards the front when he goes as close to that worker station as you need to for the correct entry to T17! :D

5. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    I have been tracking the 355 for about two years now. I absolutely love it. It's dependable, easy to drive and predictable. The cost, it's a Ferrari track car. It's not cheap.But, I don't need a computer to run it. If you maintain it properly it will reward you.

6. gatorgreg

gatorgreg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2004
    NAPLES
    All the above is true and then some. At the end of the day I was superman.OR so I thought!!!

Guy Cosmo, also a very good coach! I have seen him in action!

Here is my video. I was about 1 second off the pace of Chris, but not in this video. Why, because my video recorder wasn't on for the fastest laps! Just typical!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eizf3A2Vpac

7. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Hah! That's the first rule of data (which includes video). You ALWAYS need to turn it on... :D