Christmas in Chicago | FerrariChat

Christmas in Chicago

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by RedlineG60, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Hello fellow F-chatters!

My wife and I decided to skip the normal Christmas routine here at home and will be taking a trip to Chicago. Why, you may ask? Well, why not... we haven’t been in years and always liked it. Plus it doesn’t seem to be a popular Christmas destination so even a quality Hilton off Magnificent Mile was dirt cheap.

So, with that being said, are there any Chicago specific Christmas related activities that one should see or do? Surely there will be something going on. We will be there from the night of Thursday the 21st and leaving on Christmas morning.

Thanks for any advice or ideas!

2. wmuno

wmuno Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 24, 2007
    Wilmette, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Bill Muno
    Three suggestions from a 5th generation Chicagoian: The Driehaus Museum on the near north side and lunch at Eataly two blocks south. Lunch at the Waltnut Room at Marshall Fields (Macys) in the Loop. The Chicago Cultural Center in the Loop.

3. Daryl

Daryl Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Barrington Hills, IL
    Full Name:
    Daryl Adams
    The bi-annual international architecture event is taking place at the Cultural Center and you can head across the street to Millennium Park and go for a skate on the unique ribbon-rink.

4. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    The "Christmas Around the World Exhibit" at the Museum of Science and Industry. Scores of Christmas trees decorated by various ethnic groups in their traditional manner. These groups also perform ethnic dances.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

5. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    Coincidentally I am sitting at a Starbucks with my 10-year-old daughter on N. Rush St. at this very moment. The wife and I brought my two young girls to Chicago for Christmas shopping weekend. The lights down here are beautiful.
    My girls love the restaurant 'RL'. It is the restaurant in the Ralph Lauren store on N. Michigan Ave. A great place to either go in and have a glass of champagne or have a great dinner. Reservations are an absolute MUST if you are coming down that busy weekend. We are having dinner there tonight at 7:30 and I am super pumped

6. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Should also grab afternoon tea at the Peninsula

7. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC