Cicognani Factory tour - Dino reproduction Pouch and Manuals 700 EU | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cicognani Factory tour - Dino reproduction Pouch and Manuals 700 EU

Discussion in '206/246' started by synchro, Jul 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CICOGNANI SRL

CICOGNANI SRL Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 9, 2018
    Good morning to everyone,

we are proud to be official supplier of Ferrari S.p.A. from many years. We have access to technical drawings and manuals and we own originals in the company's collection. We reiterate our job is the production of rubber seals for vintage cars. No printing department exists in our factory, all our equipments are for the rubber processing.
    We reserve to take legal action towards those who insinuates that we produce and sell manuals or other products with Ferrari brand or that we have a "reproduction department". The pictures taken by Mr.Scott show the originals that belong to the company's collection and are not for sale.

The Cicognani Management

375+ likes this.
  2. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I dare say, only a suggestion... when in a foreign country, either speak the language or carry a translator.
    Fairly obvious that there was a misunderstanding.
    Wars have been started on less.
    Cicognani is a top notch, serious company. I have worked with them many times and never a glitch or a mistake.
    Bravo Cicognani!

Regards, Alberto

pshoejberg, dgt and 375+ like this.
  3. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    We need to encourage more companies like Cicognani that support the Dino parts supply with quality and accurate parts.

swift53 likes this.
  4. npwmd2

npwmd2 Karting

Mar 31, 2015
    Hudson Valley
    Full Name:
    Neal
    Bizzare really Bizzare! All I want to know where can I buy them Scott? LOL

5. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    See post #18.

6. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#31 dinogts, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    There are no personal attacks here, but there clearly was no problem with a translator - there simply was WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION EXCHANGED BETWEEN CICOGNANI AND SYNCHRO FOR THERE TO HAVE BEEN A MISUNDERSTANDING OR A TRANSLATOR PROBLEM - and Synchro continued to offer "advice" as to how to purchase the very same items at the prices he originally stated, "+ s&h."

This has NOTHING TO DO with the quality and accuracy of the rubber seals and related items that Cicognani makes, and that it has traditionally made for the Dino and other cars. Instead, this is about the manuals and pouches that Cicognani claims that they never actually made (but that they apparently, as per Synchro, have available, or use, an autoclave to make them look perfectly aged and patinated).

So, let me get this straight - NO ONE CARES WHETHER THESE MANUALS OR POUCHES VIOLATE INTERNATIONAL COPYRIGHT, DESIGN, OR PATENT LAWS, OR PRESENT FRAUD ISSUES, OR VIOLATE FEDERAL LAW WITH RESPECT TO IMPORTING SUCH GOODS?

That is truly amazing. I can't believe that no one apparently is aware of what happens to those who knowingly produce for sale fake Gucci or Coach bags, or who copy movies for resale as DVDs or Blue-Ray discs and pass them off as originals, or who knowingly import or sell such goods. And, those same items can be seized by federal authorities. Maybe Ford (or GM) should have exactly copied various designs from Volkswagen, Audi, and Chrysler, put them into production, and then should have taken their chances with being sued by those very same companies. Any idea what would have happened? I BELIEVE THAT THERE CLEARLY WAS NO MISUNDERSTANDING BETWEEN SYNCHRO AND CICOGNANI, EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT CICOGNANI DID NOT WANT ANY OF THIS TO GET OUT IN A PUBLIC FORUM. And the proof of that is that is that Cicognani clearly doesn't want anyone to know about this whatsoever, and that is why that in this little forum they bothered to post that they "reserve to take legal action." Why do you think that is, other than they don't like the questions I have raised about the apparently contradictory statements made by Synchro and Cicognani? Here are some suggestions: Ferrari and FIAT. I further note that they apparently have found someone on their staff who is more than able to read, write, and understand English.

With respect to Cicognani's statement that "We reserve to take legal action towards those who insinuates (sic) that we produce and sell manuals or other products with Ferrari brand or that we have a "reproduction department", (sic) well Synchro claimed they do, and continued to state that he had information about how to get those manuals/other products in post #18 above - "If anyone in the USA needs any of the above at those prices + s&h , pls contact offline or the other forum.".

Now, I have no personal information as to whether or not Cicognani produces and sells manuals or other products with Ferrari brand names on them, but why would Cicognani even have mentioned in post #4 above that "The one we showed you was a sort of test,not (sic) printed by us, for our internal use only." Let me guess - was that another communication breakdown? Cicognani and Synchro's own words speak for themselves, and I stand by the questions I have asked.

7. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Enough said. Sayonara!

pshoejberg likes this.
  8. npwmd2

npwmd2 Karting

Mar 31, 2015
    Hudson Valley
    Full Name:
    Neal
    Maybe I should file a lawsuit against everyone because now my Dino cannot reach concourse level without the proper manuals?

9. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    I thought there was already a lot of reproduction literature out there. Superformance has reproduction warranty books in two quality levels and I have seen reproduction manual pouches. Would be nice if reproductions, however nice, had some telltale mark to indicate it is a reproduction.

10. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Two point deduction, as I recall. if all of the other items on your car are perfect, you're still in platinum territory!! :D

D

11. npwmd2

npwmd2 Karting

Mar 31, 2015
    Hudson Valley
    Full Name:
    Neal
    I feel better now. I retract.

dm_n_stuff likes this.