Cigar Guys - Any Here? | Page 68 | FerrariChat

Cigar Guys - Any Here?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by FerrariSlave, Dec 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    You also have fine taste in Scotch and Ralph Lauren Glass Ware. :)

2. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #1677 DrStranglove, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Sorry I have been ignoring this thread for so damn long!

1st: Me and my good buddy Dan at The Londoner, BKK. Mine is a 2005 Fuente Fuente Forbidden X I was given special for services rendered in the name of peace. (In the back ground between us, the great Al Eberhardt coveting my cigar!)

2nd: Nothing helps cure a hard day at the Embassy than a double expresso and Montecristo #2 Habana at the JW on Sukemvent Rd.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Why thank you Sir! You have a good eye.

4. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Absolutely love Camacho 11/18 (not the ones you can get today - the ones they stopped making two years ago) I still have three but doubt they will be around by the time 2010 rolls through.

5. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    decompressing from dealing with a damn insurance adjuster, smoking a avo signature and a rather large glass of rum and diet coke since its what i had.

6. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Smoking a don Carlos edicion de aniversario 2006 while handing out candy.

7. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
    I had one of these this weekend. It tasted fantastic, but the draw was horrible. I tried using a long thin skewer, but it never got better. A real disappointment since I loved the flavor. It was given to me, so at least I wasn't out the $25.

George

8. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    That's odd. Perhaps it was out of a humidor for too long? I've never had a poorly constructed Padron... But maybe I'm just a fanboy. ;)

9. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
    Actually, if anything, it might have been too moist. I'd love to try another since the flavor was fantastic, but I don't want to spend $12 on another bad cigar. I think that is about what they cost. If not, please correct me.
    Since you have never had a bad one, I'll give it another chance. It really was a great tasting cigar.

George

10. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    I've never seen a padron with draw issues, it's always SUPER easy. However I have noticed on every padron I've had lately the construction has been horrible, excluding anniversary line.

11. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    #1686 Tyler, Nov 3, 2009
  12. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    These are pretty hard to find and are $25 a piece (I'm on a list at my local tabac shop to alert me when they come in). If you like this one, I'd recommend a Diamond Crown Maximus robusto ($12) - MUST be a maduro). Around that price point, I like em as much or more than the anni Pardron's (excluding some 26's and the Fam Reserve).

13. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
    Thanks for the info and recommendation. I had first thought that they were around $25, but then had seen them (or some that I thought were them) on line for about $12. I must have been msitaken. Is there another Padron anniv. that is at the lower level? Appreciate all the help.

George

14. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Yes. Padron are broken down into several categories. The regular Padron line are 2000, 3000, 4000, etc up to 8000 IIRC. These are great cigars but the price point are all below $10. Above these, you will find the Anniversary range which are separated into the 1964 and 1926 series ('64 being the year the company was founded and '26 being the birth year of Jose Padron.) At the very top of the range you find the 40th and 80th anniversary 1926 cigars (only made in one size and shape respectively). The "Family Reserve" is brand new, and is the top of the 1964 line. The 40th and 80th are relatively hard to get but can be found. The Family Reserve up until very recently was literally that: reserved only for the family. Basic 1964's can be found at the $12 mark. The upper end of the range will lead you to the 80th Anniversary 1926's, which can go all the way up to $40 or more. The family reserve is the best value, and the best cigar they make IMO at $25. I honestly prefer them over the $40 80th...

On a side note, I met Jorge Padron (Son of Jose. He actually refers to the 1926 as "My fathers cigar") a couple of years ago. He brought with him, a beautifully painted humidor that held the family reserve, which I was told only traveled with the family. I guess now that he was conducting market research. He was a very nice guy and after hanging out at a local shop gave my buddy and I an 80th anniversary (In addition to the boxes we had purchased.)

I enjoy many different cigars but my favorites are definitely Padron.

15. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
    I picked up a 64 for about $10. I haven't had the chance to smoke it, yet, but I'll post my impressions. Looking forward to it.

George

16. Oneday

Oneday Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Colorado
    #1691 Oneday, Nov 15, 2009
    just refilled the stash. Perdomo premium sampler, Onyx, couple of Romeo Juliet varieities, Santa Rosa, and Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte (found several varieties of the Panza's to be good values). Box of 'La Grand Fuma' for chewers.

17. Oneday

Oneday Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Colorado
    #1692 Oneday, Nov 15, 2009
    Here are the Perdomos. Never tried them before so I figured a sampler was the way to go. Anyone here familar with them?

18. ggjjr

ggjjr Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    George
    I smoked the 64 Padron last weekend. It was much better constructed than the last one I had, but the flavor was quite different. It had a very strong flavor, not nearly as nice as the other. The previous one I smoked must have cost much more. I think I need an education as to the diferences between the 64 Anniversary Padron's.

George

19. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Not a fan, every lot 23 I've had has fallen apart.
    Champagne/10yr wasn't to my liking.
    Habano was the only one I enjoyed.

20. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Just got back from Old Oaks Cigar & Liquor Co in Thousand Oaks CA, where I smoked cigars with Mr Rocky Patel himself. I had the new Rocky Patel Renaissance. Great cigar.

21. A.D.K.

A.D.K. Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Terre Haute, IN
    Full Name:
    Andy Klueber
    #1696 A.D.K., Nov 19, 2009
  22. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Had a CAO America Potomac today. Very good cigar. Right up there with the CAO Black.

23. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Having a Gurkha Doble Maduro with some Macallan 15 year. The scotch is good. but the ******** wrapper on the Gurkha has unraveled!

24. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Mac 15 is a great scotch but I can't agree with the Gurkha sir.

25. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    I have had that trouble here recently. Maybe a bad year for them?