Cigar Guys - "URGENT: WRITE THE FDA" | FerrariChat

Cigar Guys - "URGENT: WRITE THE FDA"

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by Serie1926, Jun 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Serie1926

Serie1926 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2012
  2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Geez!! This government just won't stop until you have to ask permission and where to go to the bathroom.

3. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Sorry, but I'd be happy if they mostly smothered the entire industry.

I'm quite OK with folks enjoying a cigar, a cigarette, or a pipe when it doesn't impact anyone else.

Was just this Saturday seated outdoors at a fine dining establishment when someone was smoking ALL THE WAY ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PARKING LOT when the wind shifted. Suddenly? The entire patio/porch of the restaurant was bathed in very strong cigar smoke.

I'm not a fan of smoke, but I COULD have made do OK.

Many others? They protested strongly, left their seats & walked off without paying the tab.

WE did not, but one in our group was adamant about the smoke issue, and we were herded back indoors...

4. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    I agree. Can't stand it when outdoor enjoyment is spoiled by some inconsiderate bastard smoking what smells like rotted socks at the beach or at some event.
    On the spectator hill at Lime Rock Park a couple of weeks ago (and paying $60 PP for the privilege) and the stench comes rolling in on the breeze. Nothing in my party was impacting anyone else - why do cigar smokers get a pass?

5. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK