Cigar Smokers ... ? | FerrariChat

Cigar Smokers ... ?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by AR!, Jun 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Just wondering whether there are other cigar smokers in this forum (I just know about two ...)?

I´m currently busy with a Bolivar Belicoso Fino. Nice smoke, although this is still quite young (boxing date 05/03).

Accompanied by a South African Cabernet Sauvignon. Not everyones taste, I know.

2. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    My favorite right now are the Padron Delicias. I am wanting to try the San Cristobal El Principe.

3. abarre

abarre Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Had only one this weekend. A Griffin's Robusto. Well made, but not very tasty. A little mild for my liking.

4. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    (raises hand)

I am a huge Bolivar fan! If you search the forum you will find a few cigar related threads here and there. It is great to see another aficionado here:)

Speaking of cigar lovers...where Y'at Tyler?

5. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    I am a cigar lover, last cigar I smoked was a Cohiba (duh, look at my name) Siglo IV (I think), last weekend, with a beer, different than my typical 18 year old whisky, but nice, first time I've paired a cigar with a beer. I have a very well stocked humidor. I like Cohibas, Davidoffs and Macanudos best. Prices here always amaze me, most of my cigars come from friends buying for me on trips, buying them myself on trips, I bought a box of Davidoffs in Spain for about 7 each, and here they're $55, I bought a few boxes of Cohibas at the factory in Cuba for $7 each, and here they're about $50. Macanudos I buy at my tobbacconist, they're cheap, about $12 for the ones I like.

I'm in Canada, cubans are only a 2 minute car ride away (assuming there are none in my humidor - not likely), wheareas you Americans have to smuggle. HA.

6. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Im still underage, but i love cigars, i mean chocolate cigars *wink wink*

7. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I'm not a big smoker, but every now and then I enjoy a good cigar. The last one was a Romeo Y Julieta No. 2, Havana.

Nice flavor and a bit smaller then the Cohiba I'm used to. The size is perfect if your just looking for a smooth shorter smoke.

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    If you like the Bolivar then you'll like the Sancho Panza Belicosos as well.

The best, "After lunch", smoke going IMHO!

DL

9. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Opus X here tonight. Busted out the last from CM yesterday at the Golf Club!!! (Thanks again bro!!!)

And cigar with beer?!?!?!?! You kidding me!?!??!?!!

10. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Trying to enjoy my time reading FChat without having to set my Bolivar Corona Gigante down to type a response to something......son-of-a......but I digress.:)

Yes, I too am a cigar lover, smoker, freak, afficionado, collector and yes, I'll admit it I've even been known to have an unnatural lust for these innanimate objects....you're so beautiful baby...whoops! Back to the subject, the plume on the wrapper was disctracting me(you just don't understand how gorgeous this wrapper is: dark rosado color with a light dusting of plume.....just the way daddy....SORRY!)

That is young but the BBF's are such great smokes. The BBF is one of my favorite all time cigars.

Doc, there are a lot of good beers to have a cigar with. Many times I like a Chimay with a nice smoke. Mostly, though, I drink tequila with my cigars.

11. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I wish I knew more about fine cigars. All I know is that when I smoke one that is truly mild and tastey, thoughts of good sex goes out the window! Luckily for Darth, he turned me on to one of the most enjoyable cigars last week after dinner. It was AWESOME!

12. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Nice to see that there are more aficionados around :)

My favourite proveniences are Cuba and Brazil. There are some really nice cigars from Honduras and Nicaragua, too, but somehow I feel they are just a copy of the real thing. Stupid, I know. Brazilian cigars are different, they have a specific taste while being similar powerful as the Cubans. Often I like them even more than Cubans, but that´s maybe b/c I am in favour of that country.

Of course! I like figurados. Have a couple of SPB left in a box, BD 09/00 and of course the MC2, BD 01/03.

Second that.

Interesting. Will try it sometime. Spirits and cigars go very well together if you drink and smoke slowly.

My all time favourites with cigars are Caipirinhas and Mojitos.

13. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    There is one rule in smoking Cuban cigars, The more they smell like horse crap/ the better they taste when smoking....Here in new York there are more real cubans available then out of the country...and yes I can detect a conterfeit with no problem....
    In new york I am paying the following for these items that I swear by.

Upman monarchs ....aniv. wood box churchill $350.00
    Romeo and Julietas ...tubos $$325.00
    Monte double corona's $350.00
    Cohiba Churchills $325.00

You name it...its available and he delivers..pm me if you are in city and want real mcCoys
    Nothing Beats a cuban stogie dipped in fine Cognac....
    Michael

14. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Got that right!!!

15. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Oh....2 of my passions ROLLED into one

16. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    OK where did that come from????

They take Amex???

17. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Now that is style!!!

18. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    LOL, my wife always complains that cigars (before smoking them) smell like horse pee ... :)

Congrats on your humidor, this is the coolest humi in box shape I have ever seen ... !

* GASP * This is just a cruel joke, isn´t it ... :D

19. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John

No problem (assuming you meant the Monte's), got to be careful these days: http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/06/09/c...e.ap/index.html but hey, I have to help you underprivileged (Cuban-wise) Americans.

20. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I do love cigars. However I dont know that much about them. I just buy a diffrent one I am in Churchills. The last fiew I've smoked were a Opus X. I cant remember how you spell it but I do love them. However $20 each, my habbit is becoming expensive.

21. Srgtfury

Srgtfury Rookie

May 16, 2004
    Hi Michael,

What is your technique for dteection of bogus Habanos, please.?

You really dip those cigars in Cognacs? Any favorite combinations?

I must say that the last 3rd of, say a Luistania/ R&J Churchill
    ,is arguably the most interesting as it is.

Thank you very much

Fury

22. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
  23. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    One of my other hobbies is woodworking....Heres another Humidor

I call this my F1 Humidor
    BTW, this one is for sale..........it is $8000.00
    It Holds 300 cigars

24. Srgtfury

Srgtfury Rookie

May 16, 2004
    Hi Michael,

Where do you get your Spanish, kiln dried Cedar, please?

Thank you very much

Fury

25. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Spanish cedar........I have@ 6 panels 48" by 10" by 1/4
    If you are interested let me know....it is tough to get there are a few specialty lumber houses....you could try Michael Dixon Humidors in Maryland.
    find him at www.fujipub.com