Cigar Smokers ... ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cigar Smokers ... ?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by AR!, Jun 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    A friend of mine took a box of Cohiba Esplendidos for me from his last trip to Cuba.
    I don't smoke them often but when i do, i always smoke them while drinking a nice cognac or single malt.

2. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Always a thank you and a nod to you my friend. Yea, I saw that but remember, he was caught with what? 300 boxes???? No **** he should be locked up!!! Just for being dumb!!!

3. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    Yeah, I know, don't worry, I got you covered if you need something. ;)

4. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    my favorite cigar when I do smoke (about once a week) the Romeo and Julieta Cuban 7" churchills. When you smoke one of these, you dont want to smoke many others. When Unavailable, I try an H. Uppman 7" churchill. It is mild and has nice flavors, but nothing like the Cuban.

5. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Do you have a web site? Do you make to order?

6. MikeF

MikeF Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Bloomington IN
    Full Name:
    Mike Fisher
    I'm in the cigar business. I own THE BRIAR & THE BURLEY in Bloomington IN.

People always give me a hard time when they see me smoking a cigar in my 308..........I just tell them that's what paid for it!

7. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Boom Times are over, This extended Hobby was something that I did in the mid to late 90's, when the cigar boom happened...people thought that cigars were a safe alternative to cigarettes, that bubble bursted by 2000. I made dozens of boxes back then and sold most. Cigar aficionado (the Mag) did a number of stories on my Boxes....see dec.issue 2003 Tommy Franks on cover and Dec1999,Vince mcmann on cover, both have write ups on automotive/motorcycle theme humidors...I only have 5 boxes left for sale,all one of a kind.

8. Srgtfury

Srgtfury Rookie

May 16, 2004
    I have a question regarding large, personal humidors (say 3000 count). These are pieces of fruniture more than anything, but do offer easy sequestration of sticks, vs. a series of small boxes. Now, the issue I am addressing is air circulation. With an Oasis Plus and my geographic location I note very infrequent humidifier activity. Is air circulation very critical?

I have thought about a separate timed, relay controlled fan via my Crestron automation system (another hobby), for example.

Thank you very much

Fury

9. AR!

AR! Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    I have converted a simple art-deco cabinet into a humidor. Size is 1500 * 700 * 350 mm, sufficient to store approx. 50 boxes or 1.000 stogies.

Originally I had projected a humidification system with air ventilation. As an interims solution I put a sponge (of the same material which is in cheap humidifiers, soaked with 50% aqua dest. and 50% Propylenglycol) into the humi. And a miracle occured: Humidity very stable around 70%, almost no difference between the various positions in the humidor. I used three different hygrometers at the same time to verify this. Needless to say that I stopped my other project.

If you however plan to build a much larger cabinet I think you are better of with a more sophisticated system. Here in Germany is one guy that offers - according to the testimonials of satisfied users - a very efficient solution at rather low cost:

http://www.humidorbau.de/shop/index.html

The active humidifiers are at

http://www.humidorbau.de/shop/pi669499365.htm?categoryId=13

Unfortunately it´s just in German :(

10. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    but nothing like the Cuban.

I Could not improve on what you just said, however I tried.

11. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

And what the hell do they think you should smoke in your very nice car?!?!?!?!

12. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    By the way, the 7" H. Upmann is a Monarch, not a churchill as I posted erroneously earlier.

Again, nothing like the Cuban. The ultimate cigar. Period.