Cincinnati Concours d'Elegance in Ault Park | FerrariChat

Cincinnati Concours d'Elegance in Ault Park

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by ForzaMe, Jun 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ForzaMe

ForzaMe Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    Anybody going to this?

There's about 200 vintage cars there according to the Cincinnati Enquirer Weekend section. It says a Cincinnati collector is bringing a Ferrari 643 F1 car driven by Prost to the show.

It's from 10AM to 4PM this Sunday (6/12) and admission is $20
    http://www.ohioconcours.com/Schedule.html

2. teachdna

teachdna Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2001
    Cincinnati
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Robbins
    It's always a great show. I'll be there in the 550. Supposedly Carroll Shelby
    will make a showing. Usually Rich Wallace organizes a cavalcade but he'll be out of town this year for the event.

3. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    And Might I say - I am sad I will not be there... Have to Go to NYC on Sunday...

Make sure you guys post some pics!

Jeff - I am golfing tomorrow morning - if you still want to swing by with your Brother in law - I should be home before 12:30...

Rich

4. Cincy Ken

Cincy Ken Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Cincinnati
    Rich, Jeff,

I'll be going, but around opening time, so I won't be driving down with you. Allen will be coming with me, of course, but I'm not sure whether my foreign exchange student will be interested, so I may be leaving the 328 home this year. Maybe I'll see you there.

Ken

5. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    I'd love to go , but will be leaving for Cancun on sunday morning . Please take alot of pics ! Hopefully it won't rain, but for some reason it seems like it always does for this show.

6. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    No way!
    I am actually out of the country right now ...
    Maybe next year.

7. Cincy Ken

Cincy Ken Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Cincinnati
    Low Ferrari / Lambo turnout at the Concours this year, both on display and in the parking lot. The rain probably had a lot to do with the parking lot, but I don't know about the display.

In the lot was a red / tan (?) 512 BBi with a good coat of wax - very nice with the water beading up all over it. On display was a red / tan Testarossa, a burgundy 330 2+2, and a red convertible whose model number is suddenly drawing a blank on me. For the most part, the racing, supercar, and really historic models were absent this year, although some of their owners brought other nice vehicles, such as a 1920 Duesenberg, and a Shelby of some variety.

Nice new yellow Gallardo, along with several Lotus Elises. A nice white Alfa 1750 (1968) as well, plus an Alfa Milano. Two sharp looking GT40s, in a darker blue, not the light blue Gulf livery you always see.

Some of you who took the spring drive to Indy last year will recognize some of these cars and / or their drivers as having made the trip with us.

Scott, sorry about not having pictures here - I'm still a film guy, although my son was experimenting with his new digicam (but he just left town with it before downloading anything).

8. modenaman

modenaman Karting

Jun 2, 2004
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Mike Johnson
    I was very impressed with the turnout despite the crappy weather. Supposedly only two cars scheduled to be there did not show. My favorite part of the show was the gallardo, the db9, the testarossa and last but not least Mike Valentines CGT. My uncle put his z8 in as well so that was kind of cool to see. Anyone have any pictures? If no one does my girlfriend took a bunch, the only problem is I dont know how to post them on here.

9. dan01

dan01 Rookie

Jun 22, 2005