Citizen Watches...Any Good? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Citizen Watches...Any Good?

Discussion in 'Fine Watches, Jewelry, & Clothes' started by REMIX, Feb 22, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    Ha. I'm surprised the Citizen Campanola series didn't come up in this discussion. Fine, gorgeous timepieces that I've almost bought myself.

2. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I was happy it bumped or I would have created a new thread. I have had lots of friends suggest buying a good brand of watch vs a luxury brand. Citizen has quite a history and the new Eco-Drive series has some very appealing models IMO.

3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    It was just an observation. ;)

4. Ducman491

Ducman491 Formula 3

Apr 9, 2004
    Mentor OH
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I got one 6 years ago from my company on my 5 year anniversary. Been great as far as reliability and durability. I think it's got enough style without being overly flashy and most people know its a sensible timepiece.

5. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
    #30 SCousineau, Jun 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You have every right to be excited.

I have a simpler face titanium version of the Citizen A-T watch and am 100% pleased with it! It is the CB0030-56E Citizen Watch Company ? Citizen Eco-Drive / US, Canada, UK, IrelandCitizen Watch

My wife bought mine at the same local jewelery shop where she regularly shops and their prices and service are wonderful. The one below was my Father's Day present last year.

I have had three Citizens to date and have already passed one of the Eco-Drives on to my fifteen year old son. He wears it daily now. For the money, my experience is that the Citizen watches appear to be very durable, reliable and accurate. The atomic feature (synchronizing with the broadcast standard) is wonderful. In about a year of ownership, I have yet to notice it off by even a second.

So yes, they are good watches. It is possible to buy a better watch than a Citizen but at a price point will be likely be quite a bit higher.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Mondog1

Mondog1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2006
    Philly burbs
    Full Name:
    Robert
    #31 Mondog1, Jun 2, 2013
    I like mine, BUT its a major pain in the ass to change the date, time or to even turn the alarm off. I tried using the owners manual to change the time and somehow I turned the alarm on. Every single damn day for months it's would chime at 5pm. I had to find the owners manual again to try and figure it out how to turn it off. It took me about 15-20 minutes to figure out how to change the time and turn the alarm off.

7. SCousineau

SCousineau Guest

Jul 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    S Cousineau
    #32 SCousineau, Jun 2, 2013
    The Citizen Manuals confuse me also. I longingly look at the Blue Angles Skyhawk but then count the buttons and features and figure that it could take me years to learn the button combinations.

It looks like that are publishing a one page summary for a watch face quite similar to yours here: http://c01.coacdn.com/calibers/E870_condensed.pdf

8. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I've worn a lot of Citizens and some g shocks, seikos, lately an omega speedy chronograph...

For better-than-average performance with everyday use, hard to beat a Citizen.

IMO, Citizen EcoDrives with perpetual calendar are the watch equivalent of the Acura NSX. It just works like it's supposed to and looks pretty good doing it. Not the most exciting thing out there but it does what it's supposed to do, flawlessly.

9. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #34 shmark, Jun 3, 2013
    On my second Citizen now, wearing it today. I wore the first for many years until it simply stopped. Probably just needs a good service, but I haven't done anything with it. This new Signature Series is gorgeous, absolutely love wearing it and I get plenty of compliments.

10. jefffromcanada

jefffromcanada Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2006
    Alberta
    I posted on the first page saying I have 2, I now have 4.

Great watches and have had zero problems with any of them. The Eco-drive is great.

11. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    #36 FarmerDave, Jun 4, 2013
  12. Dave1442397

Dave1442397 Karting

Feb 11, 2007
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    #37 Dave1442397, Jun 5, 2013
  13. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    #38 michael platzer, Jun 7, 2013
    i dont like that electronic stuff but i have one Citizen Chronograph in my mechanic chrono collection. very strange looking thing but with automatic movement.