Clapton - Winwood | FerrariChat

Clapton - Winwood

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by SATedeschi, Feb 15, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    Tickets- I'm in!!!!

I know this is not Ferrari related but I needed to share for any Clapton - Winwood - Blind Faith fans. Clapton is in Tokyo with Beck. That has to be a great show too.

12 June / Wachovia Center, Philadelphia PA Internet sales from ticketmaster.com Tickets on sale to the general public 28 February from 10AM

After their historic three-nights at Madison Square Garden, Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood announced today an exclusive 14-city U.S. tour beginning June 10, 2009.

After a stunning collaboration at the Chicago Crossroads Guitar Festival in July of 2007 and much speculation, Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton announced three eagerly anticipated concerts at New York’s Madison Square Garden. Those shows featured the artists performing together in a varied set list with Blind Faith classics and solo hits from each artist. Critics acclaimed the shows as historic and some of the best Clapton Winwood work ever. The tour promises more of the same collaborative musicianship that made these men legendary award-winning artists.

Both Winwood and Clapton have long and prestigious musical careers with countless honors and awards to their names. Their musical paths connected in 1969 with the formation of Blind Faith, a group that pioneered the fusion of rock and blues into tremendous studio and stage success. Despite critical and popular acclaim, the band was short-lived with only one album and a brief 1969 tour that debuted July 12 at Madison Square Garden and ended August 24th in Hawaii. Since that final show, Winwood and Clapton have remained friends, but have only performed together a few times over the years for an occasional song at a charity event. The 2008 Madison Square Garden shows were the first full Winwood-Clapton concerts in 40 years.

2. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    I've met Steve Winwood years ago. Super nice guy. This should be a great show!

3. patrickM3

patrickM3 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    I was there at MSG on the opening night. Floor seats. Let me tell you - it was SPECTACULAR! I'm so psyched to hear they will be coming to Philadelphia!

4. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    I heard on the radio that they are planning a live album and DVD of their recent collaboration as well.

LS

5. SATedeschi

SATedeschi Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2007
    USA Delaware
    Full Name:
    Steve Tedeschi
    #5 SATedeschi, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Three Historic Shows.
    Two Rock Legends.
    A collaboration forty years in the making.

"Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood Live From Madison Square Garden"

This new live 2 DVD Set (REGION FREE) features iconic performances including Blind Faith's "Presence of the Lord," "Can't Find My Way Home" and "Had to Cry Today." Plus, Eric Clapton's "After Midnight," "Tell the Truth," "Crossroads" and "Forever Man" and Steve Winwood's "Dear Mr. Fantasy," "Glad," and "Well Alright."

This 2CD/2DVD set is Available Now to Pre-Order!
    Coming in Spring 2009
    Image Unavailable, Please Login