Classic 348 on eBay | FerrariChat

Classic 348 on eBay

Discussion in '348/355' started by FNU_LNU, Jun 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
  2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

'89's had normal seat belts? Wow... I'd trade my 2.7 motronic for a normal seat belt any day of the week...

-Daniel

3. livingthedream

livingthedream Karting

Jun 3, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Jonathon
    Out of all of this, what then would be the best recommendation for preserving the clutch? No downshifting and only using brake? What?.....

4. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Basically, shift like an adult -- not a teenage drag racer. It'll last plenty long.

5. livingthedream

livingthedream Karting

Jun 3, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Jonathon
    I can appreciate your simplified response, sort of.....

I've always done well with my clutches on my various cars, and they have always lasted me a long time. I don't drive in quick bursts, and/or release the clutch too fast. I'm not afraid to get some nice RPM's (4000-6000) with my shifts. But, when I bought my 348, the dealer criticized my downshifting on the test drive and said if I wanted to burn out my clutch fast, keep downshifting. His reasoning is that it's cheaper to use the brakes to slow down and screw the downshifitng..brakes are less expensive to replace. I'm not so sure I totally agree with him....

6. livingthedream

livingthedream Karting

Jun 3, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Jonathon
    On that note...I just realized I posted this in the wrong thread. But, replies are appreciated...