Classic on the James Show 2009 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Classic on the James Show 2009

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by 285ferrari, Jul 27, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    Hey, I just saw that.......... For letting out our secret, you are not invited this year, even if you enjoyed it so much in the past

2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Big MMA event in Richmond on Saturday night---I am heading down Sat afternoon and head to the fights that night--be ready for the show on Sunday...

3. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Got an email today for the event. They are having a dinner on Saturday night for show participants, but the cost is $70 per person. WOW!!! I don't think I have ever eaten $70 worth of food in a week much less one meal.

Anyone going down Saturday night that wants to meet up for something a bit less costly for dinner let me know.....

I am guessing the Ferrari's will caravan over to the show in a big group like years past?

John Dowling--Can you confirm this?

4. moorfan

moorfan Formula Junior

May 11, 2009
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I'm a local Richmonder and will be going as a spectator. I'd like to get an idea of the layout and condition of the cars there before I bring my 360.
    The paint is peeling off of one of the wheels...don't want to embarass myself. :)

Look forward to meeting you guys!

Pete

5. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    No embarassment------Only $35 to enter, join up. We(Ferrari guys) usually meet up across from the hotel and caravan in all together. It is quite a site to see. There is assigned parking that keeps most models all in the same area. Really is a great show..

6. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'd be up for something that night, wouldn't be able to go to the dinner anyway since I don't have a car to show. :(

7. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Sounds good Chris--I missed you last year--I'll have to introduce myself this year...

8. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

What? That silver Camry was rock'n. Any good pics from today? Awesome cars out at our coffee meet today! Yellow, green, and lots of red!

9. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

#34 NbyNW, Aug 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #35 4REphotographer, Aug 16, 2009
    A bunch of Ferraris in a parking, not too exciting, I had to bring something to make you guys look good. :D

Here are a couple I snapped from today, I was not expecting as much as what showed, good turnout.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Sweet Camry!

12. Cwavery9209

Cwavery9209 Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Full Name:
    Charles
    More pics! More pics! Those are great. I especially love the picture of the gallardo

RGVA-- Does this little event happen every weekend? Looks like the river road shopping center if I'm not mistaken.

13. John Dowling

John Dowling Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Full Name:
    John Dowling
    Probably about once every 2 months.

14. John Dowling

Oct 1, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Full Name:
    John Dowling
    Wow... been a while.

Yes, this is all correct. Chip Williams is running things this year (my deal was getting the Williamsburg Winery show up and running). Robbie, you said the about the price 2 years ago at Flemings! :) But... it was worth it. Bookbinders is a first class place. Yes, the caravan and all. Great parking area.

15. 4REphotographer

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #40 4REphotographer, Aug 17, 2009
  16. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Oh my---One of my dream cars!!! Verde Ithica gallardo!!! If it has black interior with green stitching, I'm coming to find it!!!! :D

17. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    You are not a car guy.

;)

18. hezgon

hezgon Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2006
    Ft Pierce, FL
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Will be headed down for the day from Fredericksburg (short hop). Registration sent in. Would be fun to catch anyone headed down 95 Sunday morning.

19. FUNRARI

FUNRARI Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2008
    Washington D.C.
    Full Name:
    Z
    I'm planning on doing this as a day trip on Sunday... leaving at 6:00am to meet up with the rest of the FCA menbership to drive onto the field for placement at 8:45am - if anyone would like to meet up to convoy, PM me and I will try to figure out a central meeting point depending on where people are - looking forward to it.

20. John Dowling

Oct 1, 2006
    Richmond, VA
    Full Name:
    John Dowling
    There are close to 300 European cars. It is a very under advertised event in a great setting, very nicely done. Very wide range of cars and some real gems, rare cars.

The Saturday night dinner drive either to Bookbinder's, or Robbies event at Burger King are a lot of fun... and so is the hangout at the Crown Plaza hotel Saturday night. They have a well stocked hospitality suite, and the bar is usually hopping late, with another great bar within walking distance.

If it is an F1 weekend, they have a big screen we watch qualifying Saturday AM or the race on Sunday together in the lounge. It is great.

JD

21. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Changed my dinner venue to Pizza Hut!! :D Hope a bar around there has the UFC fight on that night!!

22. Monteman

Monteman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 9, 2006
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Monte
    Too funny! Too bad Ed isn't here to enjoy the humor.

23. DetailGuy

DetailGuy Formula 3

Oct 15, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Lisa and I didn't go last year but did attend the event two years ago and still remember it as a GREAT time!!! We loved the dinner at Flemmings and the event was great. John, bring your secret stash of Peroni and we are set :)

24. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    #49 MBFerrari, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
    bwahahahahahaha! Careful there big boy.

Again, I am a vendor there, but if no one wants a transport down I will bring down the 348SS in the trailer to go for a few drives while you guys get introduced to my equipment. If anyone does want one transported down, call asap as I will be making arrangements shortly.
    MB

25. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    Wanna bet?