Cleaning between Ferrari emblems. | FerrariChat

Cleaning between Ferrari emblems.

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Kyle Stoffer, Oct 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kyle Stoffer

Kyle Stoffer Karting

Sep 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Kyle R Stoffer
    I’ve got a 599, was wondering if anyone has removed the emblems on the truck (both Ferrari and the prancing horse) to clean/polish/seal the paint. Is this an easy job or is it difficult to the point that using detailing tools is a better fit? Thanks for the input. KS

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MobileJay likes this.
  2. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    The top of the inside trunk should have screws and clips if I recall. Unscrew the tiny Phillips head screws and gently pry the panel off with plastic interior removal tools. Removing the clips isn’t too difficult. Then you should have three clips holding the Ferrari script, you’ll need to replace those clips with new ones that you can get online or at your local dealer. The horse should be the same but I am having trouble seeing it in my head, it’s been a while since I’ve removed them from a 599.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

I use swabs similar to these to get into tight areas like you've described Kyle Stoffer. They work equally well for cleaning, or applying small amounts of polish/sealant etc. I then use the swabs tip wrapped in a thin MF cloth to remove wax/sealant and buff small areas. The swabs are great for fine detailing and cleaning in the engine bay, interior vents and anywhere you can imagine.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/detailing+swabs+variety+pack.do?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt6Hc9sG_7AIVxh6tBh0egQYoEAAYASAAEgLy9PD_BwE