Cleaning garage cover for 599 | FerrariChat

Cleaning garage cover for 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by Patrnflyr, Apr 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Patrnflyr

Patrnflyr Karting

Jan 23, 2012
    Lubbock, TX
    We have a nice OEM 599 cover that’s been used on my car for years. Last time we put it on, we noticed some dust when we shook it. How can we clean this to get rid of the dust?

2. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    After market cloth cover you can take to a laundromat with commercial washer and dryer. I have done that before but not an OEM cover which I would be reluctant to try. You can also ask your dry cleaner, we have dry cleaned bed spreads with good success. Otherwise just lay out on a clean surface with inside down and use a hand battery vacuum. I have done that if it is not too dusty/dirty. I have also tried vacuuming the outside while it is on the car with a hand battery powered vacuum, that doesn’t seem to work as well for me if the cover is more than just slightly dusty. The challenge is to not get the clean side dusty while trying to clean the outside otherwise you will be doing the “clean” side as well.

3. Patrnflyr

Patrnflyr Karting

Jan 23, 2012
    Lubbock, TX
    Sorry. It’s the inside garage type cover with a light windbreaker type outside and flannel type inside. It’s not dirty that I can tell. We just noticed as we put it on, it dropped some dust on the car so we pulled it back off. Don’t want any micro scratches

4. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Here is another idea I have tried. If you have another clean after market cover, put it on first and the OEM cover over it. Then hand vacuum the OEM cover while on the car.

5. F3RN4ND0

F3RN4ND0 Karting

Nov 16, 2015
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    F3RN
    I ve tried the washing machine at home many times with good results ;)

Makuono likes this.
  6. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    +1

7. Patrnflyr

Patrnflyr Karting

Jan 23, 2012
    Lubbock, TX
    Do you just wash on gentle cycle and then air dry?

8. Patrnflyr

Patrnflyr Karting

Jan 23, 2012
    Lubbock, TX
    I washed ours and it came out perfect. We let it air dry though. Thanks for everybody’s input

randkin and Makuono like this.